Dawn Dish Soap, With Oil Of Olay

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Zyni • Apr 12, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a terrible time washing dishes. Well, doing anything that means getting my hands wet is really (and it's an even bigger issue all winter long). My hands get so dry and irritated.

So, I was thinking of trying Palmolive, since I remember the really old commercials about how good it is for your hands, but then I found Dawn Hand Renewal with Oil of Olay in it. Other

have worked very well for me, so I had to give it try. It's working great so far.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    This kind of made me chuckle a bit since it's a bit contradictory. "Dawn with Oil Of Olay" is kind of like selling "Franks Red Hot with Pepto Bismol". I mean, Wildlife rescuers use Dawn to strip off BP oil spills from animals, what do you think it is doing to the natural oils in your skin? LOL.

My skin isn't particularly sensitive to regular old Dawn detergent when washing dishes, but I have noticed irritation if I am using something like the cleaning strength vinegar, which does an almost too good of a job of stripping grease off of things. It works great, but if I touch it in full strength, I do start to get irritation.

Another soap that will really dry your skin out is Fels Naptha bar soap. It's actually meant for laundry, not human bathing, but many people use it to treat poison ivy. I guess the thought is that it strips oils from your skin so much, that it will pull out some of the oils from the poison ivy which are causing the allergic reaction most people experience. I used it when I had poison ivy, but I was worried I was making things worse, by spreading the oils over more of my body in the process.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Haha, yeah, that is true, Ohio. I always thought that about those old Palmolive commercials where they soaked the lady's hand in the dish soap like it was a beauty product. Even so, this stuff has really helped my hands, so I guess that's still a plus.

I was telling my daughter about it yesterday, and she said just wear gloves. Those don't work for me either though, so I guess I'll stick with my contradictory product as long as it has Oil of Olay in it. :)