~~DEAL~~ Humble Bundle

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by techbeast34 • Dec 20, 2012.

1. techbeast34

techbeast34Member

Threads:
    Hey guys, here is a great deal if you want to try out some new Indie games at a low cost:

What Humble Bundle does is they have independent developers allow them to use the games for sale. You can name your price, starting from $1. You can also choose where the money goes; Charity, Humble Bundle, The Electronic Frontier Foundation, or the indie developers. There will be more humble bundles every month or so, and each of them have ~7 games each. Sometimes, one or two of the games can only be obtained if you donate more than the average donation. The games also come with their soundtracks. Most of the time, if you bought all the games together, it would cost $100+, so this is a great deal to pick up. Humble Bundle accepts Paypal.

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Complaining time:
    I feel like the market is way oversaturated with all the different indie bundles. When Humble Bundle came along, it used to be an amazing idea with great games that everyone was looking forward to. Then Indie Royale came, and it was all nice and dandy.. but since then about 5 different bundles using the same model emerged, and.. you can say they wasted all the good games already. Ever since the market got oversaturated, I was not able to convince myself to buy any of these bundles; they either have games that someone else already had, or they just have some really cheap, budget indie games that look and play like slightly above average flash game.

Sadly, Humble Bundle is not much better, because lately - with the exception of their THQ bundle - they were just picking up "leftover" games that may be nicely done, but most indie fans already have them all, since they were heavily discounted as some point..

Does anyone feel the same way?

3. Stiflex

StiflexBanned

Threads:
    I've already bought this humble indie bundle, and I have played every-single game. And it got annoying, usually I'm an "Indie-person", but most games are exactly the same as others. There are no new bright and original ideas.

I'd really love to see some new ideas, that would inspire me to play indie games again! :)

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard some sketchy things about this....I like the idea but I've heard it's not really worth it or very unique :(.

5. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I know folks like to complain about the bundles, but here's the thing - not all of us spend every moment hunting indie games. I personally am not all that in to them, so when a bundle comes up with something I like (Binding of Issac, War of Human Tanks, etc) I pick it up for like a dollar and move on my way. On top of which there are some new games that are pretty great as well as a few that are at least good for some wasted time... all for the cheap. I mean some of these games are not things I would ever have played otherwise and that would have been a loss for me. Add on to that how this helps out charity and I don't see the need to complain. Just ignore it rather than bring up the same complaint over and over and over again.

6. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The problem is that the bundles themselves are "stealing" games off of one another. And you don't really need to be huntin down sales to know when a huge one comes by. :) Steam sales and other seasonal sales usually have indie games 50-90% off! :)

7. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    I completely disagree. You can literally buy 5 games for a penny if you chose that amount to pay. And they are legit, I've personally purchased games from them in the past, and I have a lot of gamer friends who worship the site as well.

8. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    How can they steal games from each other? It's like saying Gamestop is stealing from EA games because they are selling the same stuff. As long as the makers get paid so what? Further I don't play steam, I don't like steam, and I don't believe in sales. I just occasionally pick up a cheap bundle and move along. It's not nearly that big a deal.

9. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Except Gamestop sells the games for full retail price and not for a limited time, so your argument is invalid. They are cannibalizing themselves and it only results to less sales overall.