DealExtreme - Largest Chinese online site!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by addicted_buyer • Mar 28, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Considering most of what's found on Amazon and eBay comes from Asian countries, mostly China, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. But it's not happening anytime soon; most people who buy stuff online are from North America, and both Amazon and eBay have invested so much in marketing for those areas that beating them will not be easy, even if Asian stores have cheaper prices.

2. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of deal extreme, but I should check it out, with so many good reviews! I have very little money most of the time and there's always one thing or another I need, so a site like this would be very nice for some of those items. Thanks a lot!

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Deal Extreme isn't exactly the cheapest among the large popular Chinese stores, so you should check out

first since their prices are cheaper than Deal Extreme.

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    That's true, but some of their products are of inferior quality. I realized this when I bought the same 2 items in different stores (FocalPrice and BiC) and there was just a small price difference. They were cases for my phone I think. The one from BiC broke after a couple weeks, while I'm still using the one I bought from the other store.

But yeah, their prices are way too good to resist the urge to buy a bunch of stuff :p

DX has a wider variety of items, also.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree, I think dealextreme is a godsend. It literally has everything and they have a lot of funky gadgets that I have never even heard about, let alone knowing to search for them.

Also, thanks for this recommendation sidney! I'm going to have to look up some comments about this site and try to make a purchase here if they check out well. I'm assuming you have good experiences with them? Please let me/us know if you have any additional comments about their dealings or things to look out for such as shipping etc. Thanks again!

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @ addicted_buyer, thanks for the tip, now I know that when looking at the same item, I will go for the more expensive one since the quality may be varied according to the price, even if the disparity is very little.

@ DrRipley, I have only shopped at Deal Extreme and at Focal Price's Ebay store, I haven't bought anything from Buy In Coins yet. But the items that they sell I also saw on Ebay, and a bag that sells for $30 on Ebay is only $17 to $19 in Buy In Coins. But among the 3 Chinese stores, I agree that DX has the largest selection, but the bags over there seem overpriced, in my opinion.

7. mermaid051029

mermaid051029New Member

Threads:
    hi, bolt, I am kind of agreeing with you. But are you sure Amazon and ebay will be in a risk? They are so strong, and managed so well.
    I have enjoyed my shopping there for many many times.
    And only recently, I have begun to check some of China online stores, because their prices are really low, and free shipping is offered.

8. jakeshigh

jakeshighNew Member

Threads:
    I am quite familiar with dx, but kindly recommend you to price match first before deciding to order, with other sites like: ebay, amazon, budgetgadgets, tomtop, lightinthebox, etc.
    They all have very cheap products on sale, but not always.

9. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    It seems most people here have had positive experiences with Chinese sites. I've always read about how it's always a scam and so forth. There have been a few items in DealExtreme that I wanted but was hesitant. I guess,reading the positive experiences everyone had, I am going to go ahead and place my order. I came across sammydress too, a really cheap site for clothes(quality is a hit or miss) and there were a few jackets that I liked that I ended up buying and surprisingly, I got my items in less than two weeks and one of the jackets was really nice and pretty good materials. There's another site that i came across too...sheinside.com. I would like to know if anyone has shopped there? They do have some really nice designs at such cheap prices but I wanted to get opinions before making the full leap into purchasing

10. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    It's incredible what you can get from there.
    I once bought something like 8 jet lighters for me and my friends, and we built a model jet and put those things in it, it was so cool.
    Damn, i am seeing their deals right now and i already feel like buying something!

11. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    It's surprisingly good despite being based in China. I've personally bought a couple of cheap gadgets from the website ($2 section, etc.) I've also purchased cell phone accessories from DealeXtreme and a couple of HDMI adapters for my set-up.

12. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I never really heard of dealextreme before, thanks for sharing. I don't usually buy from other sites outside of Amazon or eBay, since there are a lot of spammy websites out there. I only visit the sites that have good reputation, and positive reviews which I see on this thread. This website will definitely come in handy since I buy a lot of technology related products. Thanks for the share again!