Dealing With Stretch Marks

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by rebellemckenna • Oct 4, 2012.

1. rebellemckenna

rebellemckennaNew Member

Threads:
    I have been dealing with stretch marks since I was in middle school. I grew 4 inches in a few months and they just appeared. Now at 22 I am just starting to actively try to get rid of them. I have been using a mix of bio oil and shea butter and while the combination does moisturize my skin incredibly well, I am still left with the marks being really noticeable. Does anyone else have any tricks for diminishing the appearance of stretch marks?

2. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, Palmer's Cocoa Butter for stretch marks is very good product. I use it, it help me brighten a lot of scars.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've also been looking for an effective product that can remove stretch marks, and when I read the reviews of Palmer's Cocoa Butter for Stretch Marks at Amazon, I was convinced that it's a product that I should try. And it's very affordable too, unlike those derma treatments for stretch marks.

4. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    If you have a store called Dollar Tree in your area, they offer a knock off of Derma cream! It works good. Also try Vitamin E oil! Vitim E oil is great! Good luck.

5. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    The best thing for me when I was pregnant was mineral oil on my stomach each and everyday. I do not have any at all and that is what my aunt taught me when I was pregnant and she was right. You have to use this while you are pregnant and as long as you want to afterwards. It do work miracles, I tell you. Try it out for yourself and see what happens for you.

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Tretinoin cream or Retin-A cream helps get rid of stretch marks.
    Micro-Dermabrasion is another effective way to do this. There are many brands that offer these kits for you to do it at home without having to spend a fortune.
    Personally Vitamin e oil and lemon juice mixed together in equal parts has done the trick for me. I used to apply it everyday for about 30 minutes and wash off.
    Keeping your skin moisturized would reduce the formation of more stretch marks.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This really helps. The cocoa butter stick, not the cocoa butter location. The lotion is great, but not for fading stretch marks.

8. BrianDouglas

BrianDouglasNew Member

Threads:
    I can vouch for cocoa butter and especially enriched with extra vitamin E. I forget the brand I used, and I may be a guy, but when I went through my weight loss, I found this to lighten them up a lot.

9. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    Try using Palmers! I've heard a lot of raves with the product. I forgot the name though but it's concentrated for stretch marks. :) You can also try Vitamin E capsule. Rub it everyday on your stretch marks. But this reallllyyy takes a looot of time though. You really need to put in a lot of effort if you want to erase them.