Decisive Or Indecisive Buying?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by sunnyside • Jun 17, 2016.

1. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    When shopping for clothing and other types of apparel like shoes, bags, and other accessories, would you consider yourself a decisive buyer or an indecisive one? I know there are some people who would go into a store, see something they like - a dress, a blouse, a pair of pants etc., and after trying on the particular piece of clothing, decide on purchasing it immediately. However, there are others who find it hard to make up their minds about what they want and would prefer to shop around some more, going from store to store. Maybe they may do this looking for a better bargain or in the hope of finding something better.

Are you a decisive buyer or do you spend a great deal of time shopping around in the hopes of finding the perfect outfit, shoes or accessories? I would consider myself a bit of both, but more often than not, if I see something that I really like, I could make up my mind right there and then.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if it is because I am a Libra or not, but I can be extremely indecisive when I am shopping. I don't want to have any buyer's remorse a day after purchasing anything, so I make sure I go over what I want in my head, like what color I want, what size, and any other variations that there may be to choose from.

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I would say I am somewhere in between the two. If I am shopping and see something I like, I will price check it everywhere to see if I can find it cheaper by buying online. I also like to read reviews to decide if the product is worth my while to begin with. While this may sound like I am an indecisive buyer, all of this can be accomplished in 15 minutes due to smartphones. So I would say I am decisive and indecisive when making purchases.

4. Cassie Lyons

Cassie LyonsMember

Threads:
    I am probably the world's most indecisive person. My family jokes that I always need more time at restaurants even if it's one we frequent. I would say I am better at it for clothes though, I have my moments where I am decisive and times where I'm extremely indecisive.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm more of a decisive buyer...I find something I want and if I can afford it I'll buy it. It's the affordability that's the one that has a big catch to it when shopping for me. LOL! So when I'm out and about I do my little window shopping already, got the prices to compare things with and I go shopping to buy what I need.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL. There have been times that my family have left me behind in actual stores because I am stood there with two products in my hands that are the same, but I just cannot decide upon which color I truly want. It is a disaster lol. I don't like shopping but I do take my time when I find an item I want. I have to pick the right one under all circumstances.

7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I consider myself an indecisive buyer. I have many clothing items in my house which I purchased and then decided that they were not worth their salt. When buying a piece of clothing, I rummage through almost all the items to find the best item at the most affordable price. I have this angst that the grass is greener on the other side and have found myself returning clothing items only to replace them with others from the same seller.

8. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I think I am a mixture of both. It depends a lot on how much money I have on me when I go shopping. If I have enough money with me then I am very indecisive but if I do not have a lot of money to spend then I get very picky and only buy certain things. However, I wish I would be more picky about spending money even if I have enough on me because oftentimes I end up spending too much in the end and always regret it.

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on the occasion of my shopping if I can be called decisive. When I buy something for a gift, I am always decisive because I have a budget in mind and a target item as well. But when I go window shopping, more often than note, I am indecisive. Sometimes my husband would be wondering why I came out of a boutique with an empty hand after lingering for 10 minutes (while my husband usually just waits outside). I think I am a better consumer when I window shop because I am not easily coerced by the sales attendant into buying items that is not 100% to my liking.