Decorate Your Own Sandals Or Flip Flops?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Zyni • Jul 2, 2016.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen some super cute sandals and even flip flops, but they are often fairly pricey. Have you ever tried picking up a cheap pair and decorating them yourself to save some cash? There are lots of ideas and even tutorials around for doing so. Some of them are actually quite simple plans to do.

Is this something you would try or have tried? I'm thinking of making up some for the grand kids. I just have to avoid getting "trapped" on Pinterest while looking at all the cute ideas, ha ha.

2. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds like a great idea to me! Especially, if you have kids. It could also be fanatic bonding experience and help with their creativity. It actually sounds like a lot of fun!

3. SammyGregory

SammyGregoryMember

Threads:
    Sounds like a lot of fun! Involve the grandkids while you're at it.

4. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, you can get trapped on Pinterest, lol! Have fun creating and who knows this might turn into a business for you!

5. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Sure. People have been decorating their shoes for decades. And to let the kids help would be great. They would be more likely to wear their shoes when going outside.

6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought a couple of black flip flops at the Dollar tree and I wrapped some pretty fabric around the tops. They look so cute and expensive now. They're pretty comfy and they look so much better than plan flip flops. I go through around three or more pairs of sandals every summer so it really saves me a lot of money.

7. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I think it would be a fun project with kids, but my grandkids are still a bit small for such things. Well, the youngest for sure. The older one could probably jump in a little bit, but I don't want baby to feel left out. I may just make up some for them this year and let them "help" next time.

I've seen some really pretty ones lately, so it should be fun.

Good job, Steph. It's cool that they turned out nice and you liked them. I could make some for myself while I'm at it, I guess. :)

8. Sydney M.

Sydney M.Member

Threads:
    I used to have a friend who would buy flip-flops for a dollar or two and decorate them with colorful ribbon. They were really easy and cheap to make, and they were so cute and personalizable! I've never tried it myself, but I have watched tutorials on Youtube, so a lot of people seem to like them. You could also try making flip-flops decked out in rhinestones, or ones with a really cool threaded/crocheted detail. Good luck!