Delayed Purchasing

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by NicholasMukuha • Aug 28, 2017.

1. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    At times, cravings and desire for instant gratification can cause us to blindly buy things that we do not necessarily need. For example when I was in school, I would buy books only to write in them less than 10 pages. I really used to nag my father at times, to buy toys for me but would rarely use them. I would rather play traditional games with my friends. In my research, I have found that it is good manners to try and delay purchasing a certain product and/or service if it is not that urgent. This helps save, as one may lose interest in unimportant things and therefore end up buying only those things that are important. Do you use this method to save? If you do, how long do you delay?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Would you believe that it took us more than a year before our plan to buy a new car materialized? We are not really procrastinators but we are making sure that our decision is right. Even in buying a new laptop, we planned it last January but we purchased just this month. You can guess that we are on the lookout for better bargains. That delay in buying applies even to small items like towels or utensils.

3. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy :D:D:D I had not thought of it to the extent of utensils but you know what? That is quite nice. I think when it comes to finances, instead of procrastination being a thief of time, it becomes a savior of money. Another benefit that I believe one would achieve with delayed purchasing, especially for a new product in the market, is that you can read others' reviews and so you can know where to put your money. This helps one make more informed decisions and just like you have said, one may be lucky to get better bargains.