Delivery Tip

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Pocs • Aug 2, 2012.

1. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    How many times do you pick up the phone call the closet pizza shop, place a order and have it delivered? If your like me, probably several times a month. The delivery guy rings the bell and hands you a piping hot pizza. How much to you tip him?

I don't tip like I would in the restaurant, a server waits on you for a extended amount of time, not like the delivery guy who is in then out. As long as the food is hot and the order is right, I tip 15%. If the weather is bad I always throw in a extra 5.00.

2. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I probably tip about the same with delivery drivers - you are right in that they are not providing you a prolonged service like a server in a restaurant would. Having said that, I do appreciate delivery drivers who often work in all kinds of weather for a very basic pay.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We don't order delivery too often but we always tip the driver pretty good. If the road conditions are bad then we give a little more in addition to what we normally would do. I figure they are out there fighting traffic and road conditions just to feed my lazy butt so I think that deserves a good tip!

4. Wasabi

WasabiNew Member

Threads:
    I never ask for delivery. I always pick it up because it's only a 2 minute drive. Though, extremely rarely, like once a year, if someone in my family decides to be lazy and orders pizza by delivery, I tip 15% pretty much all of the time.

5. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I always tip $5 because I think that's reasonable. You have to remember he has a lot of other deliveries, and they can make about $20-40$ in tips in one day. I try not to go overboard, but I make it a point to always tip. That way they'll remember your house and they'll make your order extra fast. I'm sure the delivery people make a note of who tips and who doesn't.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tip but I never really thought how much I tip compared to the service they provide. I think it is usually $5.

7. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I tip 15-20%, sometimes more depending on the service.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never tip a percentage. It really depends on the delivery guy. I usually give the delivery person $2 to $3. The thought of giving a percentage until this thread. It's just not the same as sit-down service. A few dollars should be okay.

9. iam911

iam911Member

Threads:
    Yes, I agree with this. I normally give the delivery guy a 2 to 3 dollars with a couple more depending on how bad road conditions are. I just feel like since the delivery person is not doing the same thing as a waiter/waitress at the restaurant, a few bucks will be fine.

10. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I delivered pizza/fast food to help pay my university bills. I understand what these guys and girls go for. I usually give a $5 min tip. for their troubles. I was paid $1.50 a delivery plus tips so I really had to hustle to make ends meet with the car, gas and time.

11. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't do $2 or $3 on a $30-$40 order. That just doesn't seem like enough.

12. sarahlou773

sarahlou773Member

Threads:
    I don't tip at all, he is being paid to deliver a pizza. I am keeping him in a job just by ordering a pizza, he should be grateful! ;-)