Dell Venue 8 Pro

Discussion in Product Reviews started by ZRadach • Nov 3, 2015.

1. ZRadach

ZRadachMember

Threads:
    So far I love this thing. it is of high quality construction and performs super well. It can get hot but that doesn't seem to be a big deal.

I got it for about $300 ~2 years ago, and it was worth every penny!

This is like a super computer. It does everything a full computer does, plus it's tiny! Battery life is crazy long. I use it for 4+ hours without charging regularly. If this had a 4G/3G card, dual-boot to Android and one of the new RAM/CPU setups and a slightly larger battery I would gladly pay $500+ for it. I am still happy as-is, though.

Thanks for reading! :)

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was thinking that the Dell Venues were tablets, but it sounds as if it's more a laptop or smaller computer. I'll have to look it up to see. I get emails from Dell, since that's the type of desktop computer I have. I already have an Android tablet, but am considering upgrading that, and I'm always looking at various gadgets anyway. I will have to check into the Dell Venue to see what exactly it is. It's great that you're still so happy with yours, 2 years later, and $300 isn't much, especially if it's a computer.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of this it sounds like it would be a quality product. My friend has a Chromebook and he loves it. It is non windows based and very easy to use. It was only about 200 so he feels it was well worth the money. I am on a thinkpad right now. I like it but it does not have a CD drive, so that is one major drawback to use.

4. ZRadach

ZRadachMember

Threads:
    A chromebook seems to be basically a watered-down tablet. It comes with the same amount of free data that tmobile is offering for ALL tablets.

200 is a bit much for that. I use chrome on my venue, play games, code programs, and do lots of stuff neither an android tablet nor a chromebook nor a mac could likely do. The computing power surprised even me and the battery life is hardly believable. I have had 5+ hours straight of use multiple times without dimming the screen or turning off wifi et al.

Almost everyone should get one of these if you see a sale or something; you wont regret it!

I must add I recommend getting a windows 8 tablet with 3 and/or 4G. Dual boot to android is a plus. These "phablets" are practically all one needs. Get a high capacity power bank and some lightweight/small peripherals and you're practically self-suficient and wire-free!

Thanks for reading! :)