Denny's or IHOP

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by cookiemonsterv16 • Mar 24, 2014.

1. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    I have been to both restaurants and I have to say it is very hard to pick between the two. I would have to say that I like going to Denny's a lot more I really love their food choices and of course how good it tastes. I have tried a few things from their menu, but after coming across the Super Bird I've just been ordering that ever since because its just really good. I also can't enough of the fries they are really good, that is just one of many reasons why I keep coming back to Denny's.

IHOP does have its perks too like their Omelettes are the best I've ever eaten and their strawberry banana pancakes are also really good too. The other thing I like about IHOP is that they sing happy birthday to you not sure if Denny's does it or not, but when it was my birthday we all went to eat and they sang happy birthday to me which I thought was nice even though I did get a little embarrassed.

Which of the two do you like best whether it be because of food choices, taste, or price?

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I feel that Denny's has a better selection than IHOP. I am sure that if I were looking for breakfast, either option would be good, but I am usually hitting places like this for a lunch. I find the prices similar enough that I don't really make a decision based on price. One thing about my area is that IHOPs are further away and there are fewer of them. To make a quick decision to grab a meal, Denny's has made itself more available in my city. Sometimes it isn't price, taste, or selection, it is convenience that drives a decision.

3. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I really liked both in my home town, however were we moved to, they are both terrible. They are torn up, booths need to be completely redone , service at both were terrible and so was the food. They were right across the street from each other but we only went once to either of them and haven't been back.

4. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    I usually prefer Denny's to IHOP. I like them both, but Denny's has a greater variety and gotta love that Grand Slam. Besides, when I'm in IHOP I never order anything but pancakes because.. well.. that's the name of the restaurant.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've only been to my local Ihop once and I'm not going back. The food was almost inedible. Denny's isn't what it used to be but I guess that's only because I was so spoiled by it (they used to have perfect service. you can't expect perfection forever). It is still good value and so I go there when I want a cheap and tasty meal. I just miss the cappuccinos and the chicken wings. Mostly I eat the breakfast though.

6. FrugalFranny

FrugalFrannyNew Member

Threads:
    I LOVE Denny's! Their pancakes are the best I've ever had. One great late night, my husband took me out to eat. I was very excited, we barely had sat down when the waitress already started asking us if we figured out what we wanted to eat yet. I was like, " Yes, give me three pancakes with eggs & a couple pieces of bacon, please.. She looked at me funny & both her & my husband started cracking up! I was so embarrassed to later find out that it wan't IHOP,nor Denny's! It was The Waffle House! You can't get pancakes at Waffle House,they'll be like Pancake what? Pancake who? Anyways, point is...Denny is the best. Ihop omelettes get an A+,haven't tried the omelettes at Denny's, though.

7. youngnova

youngnovaNew Member

Threads:
    I like IHOP better. Me and my friends always go to IHOP after we leave a club or bar on the weekends. It's something about eating breakfast food at 3 in the morning that we can't resist. I try to switch my order up every now and then, but their big steak omelette is my favorite.

I only ate at Dennys once, so I can't really speak on their food. IHOP though, is a place I eat at often and them along with the Waffle House is my two favorite breakfast restaurants by far.

8. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely eat at either place because I am not much into those type restaraunts. Now, since I am having to choose between one, I will choose IHOP. I love their fluffly pancakes with strawberry syrup and cool whip on top. NOthing I have ever tried could pass their pancakes like this up.

9. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer IHOP, without question. Denny's is perpetual mediocrity....they're never awful, but they're never remarkably good, either. IHOP on the other hand is almost always great and has a better selection on their menu, I think. =)

10. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I think it is solely dependent on what city you are in. In my local area, all of the Denny's are mediocre at best. Otherwise very lackluster in my experience. Whereas the IHOPs in my area are much better. From the food to the service, it's miles ahead of Denny's in my opinion. However, on the flip side, I've gone to Denny's in other cities and have found myself beyond surprised at how great the food tasted and the customer service as well. So, truly, I feel it boils down to location, menu options, and availability of great customer service.

11. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I don't hate Denny's but their food has little taste to me. Though the ones at my old place were nice, I'd rather cook breakfast myself. This was years ago and some people say that Denny's has switched things up by using generous amounts of caramel, cinnamon, and vanilla in their breakfast entrees. I may give them a try in the near future.

I used to love IHOP but no more! Once, after pulling early hours at work, I went to a fairly new one. Though clean, I didn't smell food. No bacon, pancakes or one waffle! Then I read the menu and it says that they add pancake batter to their omelets. How cheap! I went back recently for the pancake special and there was no taste. Just sugary water and flour.