Dental Appointment After Saving Up Money

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by EditorsRHumansToo! • May 20, 2015.

1. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo!Member

Threads:
    Although this dental-wish has been a long time plan that has been set aside long enough (4 years). Money spending went to other necessities and luxuries. Dental treatment wasn't "the need".

Actually it has been the need for so long. Until we couldn't afford it because of credit card repayments reaching the max loan. Bad management. But lessons learned the hard way. Balance transfer of 90% of 0% monthly interest went timely. Our son-in-law lent us the remaining credit balance paid our debt in full.

Life is Good! So, since 3 months ago, I've been paying cash on groceries. Using some grocery money for a little family dating and movies and popcorn with the allotted food-budget. And still saving besides.

I called the dentist for my husband's appointment today. My savings is supposedly for a new laptop for me, and/or an out-of-town holiday. But, I can live without my laptop. I can still save later.

I'm excited!

2. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    You've made the right choice. Dental health cannot be neglected as it's linked to cardiac ailments. The most common dental problem is gingivitis or gum problems. Gargling with a medicated mouthwash or luke water with salt is an excellent practice in maintaining good oral health.

3. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo!Member

Threads:
    Thanks. Medical, dental and vehicle repairs and maintenance, education are inevitable expenses. They're part of modern life. Saving money, reduction in the use of credit cards is good practice.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    And since you are paying for your dental visits in cash, you will not have to worry about seeing a bill in the mail a couple of months down the road. Basic dental check ups can be an annoying expense, but you save a lot in the long run when you have healthy teeth and gums. Good job on your savings efforts.