Dental Floss

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by DrRipley • Feb 27, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never noticed it before, but I actually have preferred dental close brands, although I've honestly never paid attention to the brand itself as I usually just grab whatever is available. I do have some favorites though since some of the other brands are a bit too thick for my liking, others not minty enough. The thing is, it's very hard to experiment with dental floss since if you buy one you're stuck with it for a very long time until it runs out.

Do you guys have any favorite brands of dental floss, or do you just get whatever is cheapest?

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Not really I just buy what's available to me in the dollar store. I will admit though that I tend to like the dental floss sticks. You now the ones that have the stick that has the floss on one end and the tooth pick on the other. I prefer using these to buying the floss in the container. I feel like with the sticks I have more control over what is being used and only used what is needed at that time.

3. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I just get whatever is cheapest to be honest. I actually use 2 different types of floss: a regular one and a waxed one (I used the waxed one because some of my teeth have bigger gaps than others). To me, all floss is just floss and I can't really tell the difference between one or the other brand.

4. blues

bluesMember

Threads:
    I've always bought the cheapest floss whenever I need to pick up new ones. The only issues I have with floss is that some of them tear/shred pretty easily, which makes me hate using them on my tougher areas. Ever since I've gotten braces, actual flossing has been a pain. I bought a Waterpik to replace flossing and it's been working magnificently. Very rarely do I have stuff I can't get with it and it typically cleans very well the first time around. I still use string floss time to time when I don't have the Waterpik with me since I'm paranoid about food in my teeth.

5. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I have no particular favorite brand for dental floss, but I do like buying and using the F shaped dental floss wands. However, regular dental floss rolls are very useful to carry around and has helped me Macgyver many things in the past e.g. fishing line. Most of the time, I get whatever dental floss rolls or wands are available and for the cheapest price. For a few years in my young adult life I avoided flossing, but ever since I started using dental floss again my teeth have become cleaner, stronger, and healthier - I learned my lesson from this ignorance of mine.

6. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Oral B has really nice floss. The double wax kind makes it so easy to floss your teeth you begin to wonder if it's actually doing its job. But I find if I use a waxier floss I'm more likely to do it. I like to think I floss every day but my dentist told me differently last time I went to visit. So I'm not sure if it is the best one to use, but I like it the best.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually don't really buy dental floss, I just use a thread instead when I need to floss, but now I use one and the brand is called "Kroger", and so far, I'm satisfied with it.

8. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just go for the cheapest brand too. I agree that they can sometimes split or fray easily but on the whole, I'm happy with them. I don't mind whether it is minty or not either. As long as it works, I'm happy.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get mine from the dollar or pound store and they are branded ones like Johnson & Johnson. I've tried them and they are the real thing. I used to buy the expensive dental sticks and I still like them, but sometimes floss is cheaper and more versatile.

10. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only buy TePe interdental brushes, they were the ones my dentist recommended for my gums, since I have pretty sensitive ones.. They are an European brand.

11. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I never go for the cheapest. Quality is for more important than the cost of the product, and this isn't only for the people who have a lot of money, but also for all people. It's always important that we pay attention to the products that we buy, and of their quality. If we're going to get them for a really very cheap price, but we'll never get much from them, satisfaction-wise, then it's a total waste of money.

12. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a favorite brand but I have a favorite type. I prefer thinner dental floss as opposed to the thicker types on sale. The brand itself doesn't matter to me.

13. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    Badass cool stuff...

14. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I use oral b and it seems to last a nice while. It doesn't come off on my hands and it is a good weight. I have bad teeth and flossing is a challenge for me, so using this brand has been helpful. I use the waxed because it maneuvers better. The unwaxed is quite annoying and hard to use.