Deoderant - Could You Go Without One?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by littlewitch66 • Jun 5, 2017.

1. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Your friend probably doesn't sweat very much, if at all. If that is the case then they wouldn't need to use a deodorant. Other people sweat more and using a deodorant helps them to stay dry. There are also some people who may sweat but it doesn't smell.

If we wash ourselves every day, then for some of us we would not need any deodorant at all. I always put deodorant on and then talcum powder.

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I'm using different deodorants before, the liquid one and the stick but I stopped because it leaves yellowish residue on my clothes. Then I've switched from using deodorant to alum powder and now I regret that I've only known about this a few years back. I've been using alum powder for more than 3 years now and I can say that it's better than using deodorants. The good thing about it is that it's also effective for underarm whitening without the use of whitening creams or other whitening products :)

3. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I was using deodorant in the past but now I have stopped using it. It is one's own choice to whether or not to use it. I haven't come across a good smelling perfume the way I like and the one which doesn't give me a headache. :)

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I could live without using deodorant, but I would rather not have to use that option. :D Where I live the temperature is usually warm so using deodorant is a very common (and necessary) daily activity.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    May I suggest and you will agree with me that maybe the deodorant hides your body odor for sometime but it remains in your body. So why not try to find a way that you get rid of it permanently. Yes there are ways you can get rid of your body odor with use of right kind of food and taking extra care at the time of your shower etc. Writing about personal hygiene probably would be out of place so I will stay away from that as that will sound funny to all of you.

6. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    For me, I am regular user of deodorant. Its summer going on and it is really too hot. So sweating is just irresistible thing. So later on it can smell bad. So using deo at that time is must for me. Though I also use some powder at some time which helps too. I know few people who don't use all these things, but I guess it depends on person.

7. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I have just been looking at alternatives for people who prefer to use natural products and read tht lemon can act as a natural deodorant as the citric acid kills bacteria and odour. It doesn't cure wetness though. I think that's worth knowing as lemon has such a nice fragrance.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 I must agree that sweating is one of the most natural body process for almost everyone. You cannot avoid it but use certain methods which will help get rid of excessive sweating without using deodorants and also saving you from their side effects. Perhaps most of us are unaware that excessive sweating is a disorder which could be treated with use of lemon, vinegar and apple cider vinegar. If you use them in equal quantity (1 tsf each) thrice a day the chances are you will get rid of excessive perspiration and foul smell.

9. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I think it depends on where you live. If you live in a dry climate you can probably get away without using one. Living in an area that is humid, it would probably not be wise not to have one. I personally would never go without one, but I am not everyone. Others may have other ideas.

10. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't know deodorant seems to be a "must" to many people. I used to use deodorant when I was younger, and there was once I read it is actually not good for our health, and it doesn't really get rid of the body odor, so I stopped using it. I agree with @Ray1@Ray1, it's good that we find the root cause of the body odor and cure it, instead of using the deodorant to cover up the odor.

I have not really find the solution yet, but I found that if I exercise and sweat more, my body odor will be lessen. I am looking for natural ingredients of making deodorant too, but I have not look for one yet. :p

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @kaka135@kaka135 maybe my habit of regular exercising, walking and jogging is the reason behind lesser body odor in me :) although that could only be one of the reasons and not a permanent solution. I agree a better lifestyle, living conditions and eating habits make a good difference on your body odor. I don't say I never perspire during humid condition but I take full care that I clean my body or wipe my body with wet wipes.

12. Pravish

PravishMember

Threads:
    I personally believe that using a deodorant is not a luxury any more, but a necessity. It does not matter what part of the world you may come from or currently living in. it is always nice to smell good, and I believe this is a matter of personal hygiene. Lately, most people have become judgmental by seeing how a person is dressed, how he smells and so on. If you do not smell good or you sort of stink due to sweat or whatever reason, the person surely would not feel dealing or engaging with you in conversations. In some developing countries the idea of using a deodorant has been ignored for quite some time, But now many people have started using it. So to conclude, I would say using a deodorant is as important as taking a bath everyday.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Pravish@Pravish of course no one considers deodorant as a luxury or fashion signature but most people want to hide their body odor and presentable at most. But if you can do it without using a deodorant which doctors believe could cause you serious skin problems then it's batter to look for natural alternatives which solve your problem of bad body odor and at the same time keep you safe from skin related problems.

14. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 Maybe when I was younger/little girl. :D Not now, as you get older you start to sweat differently and I just don't see how adults could go without deodorant, I mean unless you shower every hour or something. Sometimes I forget to put it on right after a shower and then I start walking or doing yoga, and I suddenly remember to hurry up and put it on, because the last thing I need is to have to take yet another shower. I've tried "Tom's" natural deodorant....didn't quite work, that's all I can say. I like Secret Baby Powder Scent, in my opinion, that's the best one out there for us gals. It's a strong baby powder smell and can cover up pretty much anything, even if you start sweating again after a shower/bath. :eek:;) I buy the trial-size ones for only 99 cents at Meijer and they last for months, no need to spend more for the full size, because they really do last almost half a year.

#34Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2017
  15. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I did use deodorants sometime ago but later stopped the reason why I stopped was due to the fact that I learned some deodorants may have the propensity to block the pores of the skin around that part of the body they are robbed on. This is going against natural sweating which could cause other health problems. Instead of deodorant I ensure proper and regular shaving and washing of the private areas with good antibiotic soaps.

16. Pravish

PravishMember

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Yes, you very rightly said about using deodorants which are harmful for the skin. The point I am making here is that one should take enough measures to make sure you don't smell bad if not good. So now a days use of anything on the body to prevent body odor is a must if I can put it that way.:)

#36Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017
  17. Jora

JoraNew Member

Threads:
    Deodorant is one of the things that I could never go without. I have sometimes forgotten to put some on before going to work and spent the whole day regretting it, sometimes even running out to buy some because I felt like everyone could smell my underarms.

18. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Yes, I agree with you. I think healthy lifestyle, eating habits and exercises always help us to be healthier and in return there will be less issues with our body, including body odor and also skin problems. I believe we can go natural for all the products we use, though I am still far away from there yet. :p

#38Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2017
  19. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Jora@Jora I do not want to underrate the importance of deodorant or other body spray which help keep bad odor away but think for a moment and look at the other side of the problems the use of the same. I know in my present country very few girls/ladies go out without using some or the other kind of Deo or spray but most men I know avoid them as much as possible. And most of them have no body odor in general. So, I have reasons to believe that girls use them for other reasons, fashion perhaps.

20. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    @Pravish@Pravish You are very correct. Someone may not have the means to buy the expensive perfumes or deodorants, that maybe gentle on the skin, the paramount thing is do not smell bad. This is the reason I always advocate use of antiseptic soaps especially for persons whose basal metabolic rate is very high.

#40Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017