Deodorant Or Purfume, What Is Better?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by akshaychouhan785 • Oct 17, 2017.

1. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    I have always been using deodorants and had no problem with them yet. But I was thinking about trying perfume this time as their smell lasts longer but also they are costly. So I just wanted to know that what you guys prefer to use and what's the reason that you choose to use one over the other?

2. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have not used a body deodrant since 4 years, In the last 4 years, I have only used perfume. Before that I always used body deodrant abd used perfume only when I was going to a party. When I got married, many people gifted me perfumes. Since I had a stack of perfumes, I began using perfume. Perfume costs more money than deodrant, however, ultimately perfume will save you money because perfume strays in your clothes for days.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to use deodorant because it's most effective in all parts of the body. I think the perfume is something more artificial and doesn't last for as long as the deodorant.

4. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I honestly think that deodorant is the better option. It can sometimes have a more longing affect and is usually cheaper to buy. Plus it sort of stick to the skin a bit more and in my opinion helps you feel a bit more clean. Perfume cane usually be a bit pricy and is not always appealing for others to smell.

5. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be a user of deodorants because of it's availability and efficiency plus very cheap too compared with perfume not until five years ago. I stopped using deodorants when I noticed that it causes stains on my shirts especially the white colored shirts. At first I just ignored it until I finally realized that it is more costly to buy new shirts than to buy deodorants. Come to think of it, those deodorants were the one that has ball rollers in them. I'm still using deodorants but those are the new versions which comes with spayer.

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I would go with deodorant but of course they are so different, as far as deordorant goes-it helps in eliminating both odor and wetness from armpits-where perfume tries to enhance one's scent more or less. I think perfume is great though to wear to a special occasions-like parties or going on a date. Also you can spray perfume on clothes or your skin-but I think on the average I use a scented deodorant most of the time.

7. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I think a deodorant has properties which protect you against body odour that perfume doesn't. Perfume might mask the smell of BO for a while but it won't prevent it. I use a deodorant every day because I learned that if I don't and I get hot I will start to smell. If you want to wear perfume as well but are worried about the scents clashing you can get an unperfumed deodorant which will stop the wetness.

8. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Perfume is better but it is also more expensive than a deodorant, still, these have two different uses, we can use the deodorant for the body parts that have the special smell, and the perfume we can spread it on the clothes, skin or hair.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer deorderant for sure as it is cheaper and it is meant to block odors caused by sweat and perfume doesn't carry those properties. Besides perfume is too strong for me and the smell usually causes me to get dizzy and nausious. For a deoderant to last me longer I try to buy ones that have baking soda in it.

10. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    I prefer to use deodorant. It's effects lasts longer and it's cheaper to buy. Moreover, I think it's more friendly to be used on the body than the perfume.

11. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have not thought this question, and do not really go and find out more about deodorant and perfume too. I have searched and found that deodorant contains lesser fragrance oil than perfume, and perfume provides the aroma for the whole body instead of just underarm. I personally prefer to use perfume as I think the fragrance smells better and you can always choose the fragrance you like. Though there are different fragrance for deodorant too, but it's quite limited.

12. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Deodorants are commonly used for special body parts like the armpits to control perspiration and odor while perfume is used to emit fragrance from clothes or some body parts like the back of the neck, ears, or arms. Most people I know, specially women, use both. I don't use deodorant because I prefer to use alum powder but I do use a gentle, non-overpowering perfume. If I ever use a deodorant, I wouldn't want to use one that people can smell :D. I prefer to be remembered for my perfume than the smell of the deodorant which, I imagine, must be something that many people are familiar with. Oh, I know that there are deodorant brands out there for males that smells manly and great too. These deodorant sprays are a bit more expensive than typical deodorants but I know some men who use them instead of buying and using regular perfume which is generally more costly.

13. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    Thanks Jamille! Your description gave me a clear idea about what should I buy next time. I just want to smell good around people and for that purpose perfume will be the right choice. I don't have sweaty armpits so deodorants are not of much use for me.

14. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I use deodorant more though I don't mind with perfumes too but I use them less. If we talk about cost, then I guess deodorants are more cheap compare to perfumes. I am not sure, but I guess that's what I have noticed so far. So for daily usage deodorants are more preferable. Surely perfume contains more aroma so sometimes I gets headache from it, so I use deodorants more.

15. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Well, why haven't you thought about combining the two, deodorants and perfume, it's definitely going to be a better deal than just using one of them. The reason I suggested this is because I also combine the use of both deodorants and perfume, it's both gives me a lasting fresh smell than when just one between them is used.

16. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    I never really used deodorant ever since not until last 2016. I ran into some dance routines that I sweat so much. My armpit doesn't smell, yet I started sweating a lot. So I decided to use one. I think using deodorant is way better than wearing a perfume. Buying a perfume is expensive, yes it is. Some tend to like bathe themselves with perfume. Isn't that too waste of resources? Well, that's only my point of view. I used a fragrant deodorant which I can smell myself with no traces of sweat and I feel dry underneath. Using a deodorant and a clean clothe which has been soaked with fabric conditioner is good to go.

17. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I use both but whenever I have to pick one because of saying costs, I always pick deodorants. Perfumes have nice scents but I feel deodorants are more effective in specific parts of the body. Mostly I use perfumes whenever I go out but when I'm home all day, deodorants are just fine.

18. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Most of what I use is gifted to me. At the moment I am using Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden. It is supposed to be a sprayer whatever that means. I like it and in fact I have decided to make it my standard sprayer. I bought one recently.

19. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I use both deodorants and perfume but some perfumes (especially the oil based concentrated ones) can be a bit heavy on your skin. So what I do is, I use deodorant in the daytime every day and use perfume for night outings or some days when I just feel I need that extra heavy smell. And I agree that perfumes are much more expensive than deodorants.

20. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    I use only deodorant to keep my body smelling nice. I dislike perfumes for their long-lasting fragrance. I know to most this statement is controversial but in real sense it is not. Every time I take a shower I like the idea of my deodorant washing away to leave my body fresh so that I apply a new hit of deoderant. Perfumes smell nice too but they are sometimes displeasing especially on clothes. When you perspire, the smell of your clothes changes from the perfume to something else. It does not necessarily change to a bad one, but I find it disturbing.