Deodorant: Spray Or Roll On

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Theo • May 28, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer spray as they are easier to use and you can use them on your feet. I used to use sticks, but they leave a residue but are more effective and roll-on deodorant takes too long to dry.

I know spray is more expensive and less eco-friendly, but I feel more confident using it, so it's worth it for peace of mind.

Do you consider the price, effectiveness or how green why buying your deodorant ?

2. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I'm more of a stick gal because it works really really well on me. I've tried spray and roll-on before and they didn't work as well. The spray was quite fine the first few weeks but then its effectiveness just started fading and I switched back to my stick. Trying roll-on was the worst as it not only had no effect at all, it was just a hassle to wait for it to dry!

I do consider the price and effectiveness when I buy my deodorants. How green however, I don't really think of as the sticks I buy are usually earth friendly so I don't have to worry about that.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    On a long day I may use a stick and then a quick spray over it and that usually works. Sometimes sticks get chalky and though there are invisible ones I'm not sure they are as effective. It just means if I wear black I have to be careful.

During summer though sprays do feel better and are easier to use to freshen up if you are out.

4. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I prefer using roll-on deodorants because I had a really bad experience with a spray one. I have used roll on ever since and one time we ran out of supplies so I had to use the spray one and it was really bad. It had absolutely no effect and my armpits felt wet the whole time!!! It was horrible!

5. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I use this Thai Crystal spray. It's amazing. It's just salt and water pretty much. It's awesome because there's no terrible chemicals in it, it doesn't stain your clothes, and it lasts a long time! You still sweat (which is important), because it's not an anti-perspirant. But you're not gonna smell too bad. :)

6. suegiplaye

suegiplayeMember

Threads:
    I think I have never tried spray on because it is too expensive. But I am still enlightened by the fact that you say it is not that sticky. I do not like wearing roll on deodorant because it is very sticky. But it is the cheapest deodorant, only costing around a $1.00. The next time I am shopping for a deodorant I will consider a spray on deodorant.

7. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    A Deo spray is much easier than a roll on stick. However, a roll on stick minimizes wastage and gives a much-localized application. I like a long lasting fragrance of a body spray/Deo spray and I love the atomized spray than dabbing that stick around.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've tried all types and now I'm settled with using sticks because I think they are the easiest to put on and dry and also they are the easiest to finish to the last drop. Sprays are great but I find they are a lot more expensive than sticks or roll ons and seeing as you will probably be needing it daily it's best to go with something cheaper, in my opinion. I agree that spray on is a lot more convenient though and if only they weren't more expensive and less harmful to the environment I would definitely go for them.

9. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I use stick deodorant. It works for me. I use natural deodorant that is environmentally friendly. As a women, I want to be safe in an area near my breast glands, you know with breast cancer being so prevalent these days.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I'm a stick deodorant person.

I actually find the sprays kinda weird. I know they work for many people but they're just not for me.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use a roll on the spray gets up my nose which will cause me to sneeze along with other reactions. I find the roll on is also more cost effective which is a good thing. During the summer I do use a lot because I sweat more than most people.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too use a roll on deodorant, Pat. I don't feel either the stick or the spray does the the job effectively. I have tried both and I still seem to sweat. The roll definitely works better for me. The thing I hate about it though, is the fact that is discolours my whites. I have even tried ones which claim that they don't stain whites, but they all do!

13. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    Stick 90% of the time, occaisionally I will use a spray in the summer. I hate the roll on ones though. They feel weird and gooey to me.

14. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always use a spray. I can't abide the sticky wet feeling that sticks and roll-ons leave and I've never got the time or the patience to stand there letting it dry. I know sprays are worse for the environment though and should really ditch them, so is there any way around this sticky feeling at all?

15. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I used to use sprays but they are not healthy because you get to inhale it as you spray it on your armpits. I don't mind the price as long as the quality is good.