Designing your own apps

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by GemmaRowlands • Sep 25, 2014.

1. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    A few years ago, I entered a competition with a local media development company. I had to submit an idea for a mobile app, and the winner of the competition would get their app made, plus a prize of £100 and 1% of all future income from the app. I enjoyed myself a lot, and especially enjoyed the royalties from the app. It was only about £10 a week but I was at college at the time so it was better than nothing. Four years later and unfortunately the app is no longer there as the company dissolved, but it's made me wonder whether I should try app design again.

Is this something that you have ever done to try and make extra cash? If so, would you say that it was worth the time that it took you to do in, in comparison to the income that you have raised because of it?

I am always trying to make my work more varied, and this is something that I haven't done for years, so I would definitely like to add it to my list if at all possible!

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never done it because it seems way too complicated. I may be a computer junkie but I'm more software than hardware. Coding is way outside my realm. I wish I could though. I can't believe I still can't find that video that said you could get an app developer to take a cut of your profits instead of having to pay a flat fee or hourly.

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have thought of it a thousand times. But really it's not going to be easy that I decided I would rather check on the apps that would suit my need, and not make one personalized for me need only. It would be faster and far less difficulty, easy as to compare with creating your own apps. It's not my thing. I give it other. But if you have talent, and it's your interest, it would really be a nice, effective and efficient way to generate a considerable extra income or even a primary source of money.

4. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I have been trying to make my own app for some time now and I will tell you that I think that it was the hardest thing that I have ever tried to do. There are some good apps online that will enable you to make apps but it is still very hard to do.