Desktop Recording Software

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Radix24 • Nov 3, 2014.

1. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    I am in the market for a good desktop recording software. This is for my gaming needs and for Let's play videos for YouTube. I have been asking around and am asking for your opinions. I have Fraps demo version installed. The quality is wonderful, but I am unsure of getting the full version. I also downloaded OBS. I have not used this yet. Anyone else have good suggestions for me to try?

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Fraps is definitely a must if you are planning on doing high quality game videos. The paid version is worth it, you can go 60 fps and 3920p without any problems. If you absolutely want to stick with freeware I would go with CamStudio or Screentoaster.

3. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I use CamStudio because it is a great software and easy to use. It is also a very popular software that a lot of people who do youtube videos use. There are some alternatives but I truly recommend using CamStudio.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    If you're recording game videos then Fraps is the way to go. It's definitely worth the purchase if you're planning on making it big. But if you're just going to record some simple stuff, Camstudio is probably your best bet since it's free. I've used Camstudio before, it has some quirky shortcomings but other than that it's a pretty sweet piece of software.