Desktop VS Tablets

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by SarahLizzie • May 15, 2012.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would definitely choose a desktop pc over a tablet, because tablets are underpowered and they lack the heavy specs required to be able to play games that require higher pc specs. Plus I find it much quicker to type using a keyboard than a touch screen. Tablets are only good for reading ebooks and viewing videos.

2. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    This is like comparing a 2 liter bottle of coke to one of the 100ml ones they give you on a plane... granted on is more portable than the other, it's pretty much just as expensive and you end up getting something which gets used up much quicker and can do so much less.

3. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Tablets can not be compared to desktops you could have done a comparison of tablets and laptops. These two are way far much apart in terms of functionality. Tablets are used for light tasks such as presentation but desktop can do virtually anything you want it to in terms of computing.

4. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    In my opinion it really depends on your needs. I work from home and need my laptop to do so, but if I didn't work from home or didn't need my computer for work then I wouldn't even bother having my computer. When I am not working I use my tablet for everything. I like the idea of tablet because they are light weight, portable, and actually run very fast.

5. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say that the best solution is really a laptop. Laptops are really nice and portable and so they are great. But on top of that i would have to say that the functionality that laptops have to offer is of high importance to me. I think that i need a computer that can really go the distance and be able to really deliver the kind of results that i need.

6. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I perfer my desktop over my tablet sometime the touching part aggrevates me on my tablet cause Im constantly typing the wrong letters cause the characters are so close together. Than I can operate my desktop much better and faster with my work load.

7. canoe

canoeMember

Threads:
    I feel like this is the wrong comparison to make. What you want to compare is tablets against laptops. Desktops are in a wildly different category from tablets since desktops aren't even portable. But still, if I had to choose between having only a tablet and only a desktop, I'll take the desktop any day. If you have a tablet but suddenly need to do something that requires productivity capabilities, you're so screwed with a tablet. A desktop may be clunky and non-portable, but it can do everything that can be done on a tablet plus way more.

8. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Tablets v.s. Desktops? That's like comparing a peanut to a coconut. Portability is the best weapon on Tablets arsenal, other than that, there not much more to say. Desktops are for actual computing and work, while tablets, although built to do the same, they're just too under-powered. Also, most desktops applications don't transition well to tablets, I mean, sure you can do Excel on a tablet, but would you really want to use a tablet for 900 cell Excel sheet?

9. thephantom638

thephantom638New Member

Threads:
    I'd stick with a desktop since desktops can run alot faster than similarly priced laptops. Having a desktop also allows you to upgrade in order to suit certain needs, and although Laptops can be upgraded they are usually harder to upgrade with more difficulties experienced. With a Desktop Pc, you are also able to customize it and choose the components that you need while omitting those you don't. The only disadvantage is being "stuck" to one location, but that hardly is reason enough to use a laptop as a main PC.

10. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    These two devices have different functionality so comparing them would not that good in my opinion. You could have compared laptops and tablets. For tablets you use them for presentations. As for Desktops, then can process a whole lot of data and have more processing power as compared to the tablet. Give me an iMac anytime and keep your tablets.

11. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    I do not think that you can compare Desktops, and Tablets.

They are completely different, and are used in completely different ways. A desktop is not mobile. It is specifically for home use. It is extremely more powerfu, and has more storage face. Usually meant for family use.

A tablet is more comparable to a Smart phone, or a laptop. As they are all mobile, used in the same way. If i had to choose between all of them i would choose a Laptop. Simply because i feel it has a better balance than the Tablet.

I think the tablet looks cool, but it is an inconvenience to use it for certain task.