Did Anybody Read Ivanhoe By Sir Walter Scott

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Beautyspin • Feb 15, 2015.

1. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    Did anybody read the Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott? The full version, not the abridged version? Did you like it? Would you read it again?

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    No. I haven't read the book yet, but I have stumbled upon good reviews about it, and some of my favorite authors like, I think Suzanne Fletcher listed this book as one of her favorites. So if I ever get a chance to see this novel sitting at a bookstore, I would definitely buy it, if I ever have money during that time.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only read snippets of the whole book, although I was able to download a free electronic copy from Google Books. I don't have immediate plans of reading it, though. The story revolves around a typical hero, who seemed to have gotten lost in translation after a minor character, Robin Hood, gained more fanfare than him.

4. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    I read the book a long time ago, when I was a kid. I remember that not a single character enters till 80 pages are gone by as it only has descriptions (anyway that was how I remember it). I am planning to read it again, but I have more stuff to complete before. Just wanted to know if anybody else read it recently. I liked the book immensely by the way.