Did you buy clothes as a Holiday Gift?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Arajoo • Dec 22, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought quite a few items of clothing this year for gifts. Almost all of them were for my kids though. I don't generally buy clothing for other adults, unless it's maybe a funny T-shirt or something like that, or gloves, socks, scarf, etc. I did get a robe for my husband too. I only buy clothes for people who I am really close too, since I know what they like and know what sizes to get. Everyone seemed please with what they got, so I guess I did okay. I don't particularly like having clothes bought for me though. I like to try everything on before I buy it.

2. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    i do usually have at least one or two people that I purchase clothes for as holiday presents - one of them is usually my spouse. He needs socks and T-shirts every year because he is hard on the ones he has -- and my daughter - who is always outgrowing her clothes.

3. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes for people too much. I will buy pajamas for my sister and my mother because I know what size to get them. I don't like to buy clothes for people because the clothes may not fit. I don't want to offend someone by buying the wrong size and I don't want to buy something that is too small for someone. I would much rather buy them something to use and not to wear. It's much easier for me than to buy something that will have to be exchanged.

4. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Pajamas are easy. They don't need to be snug fits. The looser the better. In Malaysia, pajamas are sarongs, which are sheath-like clothing. One size practically fits all.

5. alfredsettle

alfredsettleBanned

Threads:
    By and by, I believe that garments are a decent thought as gifts.i had purchased so pleasant tsht for my girlfriend.its an exceptionally astonishing blessing.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well this year most of my gifts were clothes. It just so happened that I went into the store saw items that just made me see a certain person in that item and I purchased it. My son-in-law wears a uniform when working and is always looking for warm clothes because he is outside all day. I saw a lined hoodie that I knew he would love so I got it. All the grand kids got pj's and money easy one to do since they just want to get games.

7. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I got a polo shirt for my dad, a Pikachu t-shirt for my partner and a hoodie for my brother. I only ever buy clothes as gifts for men. First because the sizing is much easier and second because guys do wear them if you buy them something that matches their style. My partner, dad and brother hate shopping for clothes. If it were up to them, they would spend all their money on movies, video games or electronics and wear the same old clothes again and again. Whenever I try to get creative thinking of gifts for them, it turns out they already have that or something. I think getting them clothes is doing them a favor.