Did You Buy Summer Clothes Last Year For The Summer Of 2015?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by MrsJones • Jun 1, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Seasonal clothing sales are a definite way to save money. The thought of waiting until the following year's season to wear those great outfits and shoes can be a big reason for not taking advantage of seasonal sales. This was my former way of thinking ... until I actually did it.

Another thought was "What if it's not fashionable next year?" That was followed by "So what?" and I bought the basics like tees and tank tops in colors I liked that were more than 50% off.

So are you a seasonal shopper for the upcoming year?

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've always tried to take advantage of post season and post holiday sales. It was a must when my kids were little. Buying everything from swimsuits to winter coats x 4 really adds up. Getting those things for half off or more meant being able to do more for them in the long run.

I've always shopped for myself last, so I still haven't grown into the habit of buying many things for myself. I need to plan better for my own clothing. I did actually pick up a couple of tank tops though and one pair of shorts. I got each for a buck apiece.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Most of my clothes probably qualify as summer clothes, since I live in the tropics. But I do try to think ahead and ask myself, not only will I want to wear this next year, but for years to come? So I try to take advantage of seasonal sales whenever possible/needed, especially for basics since I can get things I like/need for an awesome price. It’s part of the reason I’m happy that there are still a few post-holiday clearance sales going on around my birthday, haha.

4. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Not really. I buy clothes only when they are on sale, I like the design, and I am comfortable in them. I don't really purchase anything based on season. Well, only if I really need to.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The end of season sales are often the best sales, Chiofthenorns. They mark everything way down to get rid of it all, so they can put out the items for the upcoming season. At the end of summer, they'll put the summer clothes on sale for a big discount, so they can make room to start displaying autumn clothes and stuff. You can get some really good deals.

When those sales are almost over is when they really mark it down, which is why I got some things for such a low price. They were some of the last few things, and I really got them by accident. I was shopping for something else and wasn't even looking for them, but the deal was too good to pass up.

6. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    I've found this way of shopping for next seasons clothes really helpful not just on the pocket, but as an incentive to aide weight loss this last year.
    In October I bought a ton of super cheap dresses but all in a size I wanted to be, not the size I was, and I tell you, once that money is spent you really want to get in those outfits the following year!

I bought about £100 worth of summer clothing for 2015 for about £45 so a definite bargain in my eyes, and the weight loss is a more than welcome bonus!

7. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    A lot of my clothes are summer clothes which I wear year round. In the winter, I wear many layers or wear a winter coat. I live in a city with pretty mild winters (no snow) so it's not that hard. I usually buy my summer clothes whenever I have a budget for it and it's cheap.

8. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I live in a tropical country so I always take the weather into consideration. But for some reason, I have more long sleeved shirt and jackets than t-shirts which is something I'm frustrated over this summer. I have a weird adoration for clothes for the cold (even if it'll never be cold where I live) but now it's proving to be a problem because I don't have enough summer clothes to wear in summer. So I guess that's a problem of mine I have to fix.

9. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I have a similar quirk. I do have an adequate number of summer-appropriate clothes at the moment, but I’ve still got jackets and sweaters I refuse to part with. They do come in handy when the weather’s rainy, which it sometimes is over here, but I still find myself much more drawn to clothing for cooler weather than warmer weather. It’s hard to resist buying yet another jacket or sweater I probably don’t need.

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I ge thte majority of my clothes from charity shops, or thrift stores so tend to buy summer clothes all year round and put them away until needed. Living in the UK means that I don't actually need a great deal of summer clothing though!