Did you complete any DIY projects, want to brag?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by prettycolors • Oct 1, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Recently I've started reading around the DYI subreddit

and I'm constantly amazed by what some people make. The projects range from simple to the very complex and in most cases the costs are reduced when compared with the prices one would pay for professional builders/makers. It's a big board, there's bound to be someone that completed at least one Diy project, I'm curious what it was.

#1Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  2. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I must admit, I have been very productive since the kids went back to school. ;) I have gotten a few things done on my list of crafts and diy's. :) I recently made 2 wreaths for the upcoming holidays, made a welcome sign for our door into the garage and redecorated a wall with pictures, clocks and a vinyl wall saying!! I am very proud to finally finish but also proud that I did it all by myself !!!

Yay me !!

Danyel :)

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes! I made a small cabinet out of an old desk drawer. I stood it on end, added doors from scrap wood (with real, tiny, hinges), put a shelf inside, and white-washed it. I love it. I took the other two drawers, screwed them together bottom to bottom, and made that into a small bookshelf. If only I could find some old dresser drawers or something like that now.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I make a lot of crafts. But my favorite one from this summer is a bag made from old magazines. You fold the strips of magazine and then fold them into each other. Once you have enough to make the complete bag, then you take fishing wire and you use a crochet needle and sew the pieces together. I used plane wood varnish to coat it but there are also paper beading glazes that would work. I made paper beads for the straps but have seen similar bags that used ribbon. It was a fun project and the person I gave it to was really happy.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, you guys are good.

I need to get busy making holiday decorations too!

I love the crafts where you can make bags or even clothes and stuff from recycled items. What a great way to use things up instead of throwing them away. Some of that stuff is really cute too. I need to get more ambitious with such things.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am on my way to completion my origami garden. I am half-way there, and when I am done I would definitely brag it to my friends and relatives. I wouldn't brag because I want to show to people that I did something they couldn't do. I want to brag to inspire them that they could just the same with hard work and passion. I am really passionate with my own DIY, and I would really be happy to get it done soon.