Did You Ever Buy From Rosegal.com ?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by gh0st233 • Jul 12, 2015.

1. gh0st233

gh0st233Member

Threads:
    Hey, I just made a thread asking if anyone has any experience with Yandy.com, and I realized there's another online store that I'm not so sure about. It's called rosegal, and it has even cheaper stuff than on Yandy, but it seems to me like some generic store selling stuff from eBay for a bit more money. All the pictures there seem to be from ebay or google images. Have you ever bought anything from them? It sounds TOO good to be true. Yandy looks legit and I think that's a legit site and we'll try ordering something from there, but rosegal seems too good to be true. The prices are too cheap and even the shipping to my country, in Europe, is free.

2. wannatakeawalk

wannatakeawalkNew Member

Threads:
    The name sounded familiar for this so I searched it on facebook. Yep, it is the company I was thinking of. If you look at their Rosegal or rosegal.com facebook page they have terrible reviews about their products and service. You get what you pay for I guess.

3. gh0st233

gh0st233Member

Threads:
    I just read a review and someone said that what they received looks nothing like the photo on the product page, and that it's almost like someone is trying to imitate the product on the photo, and poorly. Yeah, we'll steer clear of this site, there are good items on other stores, as well. Do you know of any good online store that ships internationally (I'm in Europe)? I'm looking for a store that sells swimwear, precisely, for around 15-20$ max per item. Also, the shipping shouldn't be more than 10$ itself.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This sounds a lot like the conversation @Lushlala@Lushlala and I were having the other day about sites like this. Some will steal pictures from other sites/sellers, and paste them onto their site. Sometimes the sites shut down after taking so many orders/money, and you receive nothing. Other times, you will receive basically rags, which is what it sounds like @Lushlala@Lushlala ended up with, unfortunately. Better to be safe than sorry. If you're not familiar with the company, always do a little research, because you could lose more than just a few bucks on shoddy products, you could also have your identity stolen.

5. gh0st233

gh0st233Member

Threads:
    Thank you for telling me, I did not now that about the identity theft. Better safe than sorry, I guess. I read some bad reviews about the site after I made this post and I didn't want to buy from them anymore. They looked shady from the start. Besides, there's good stuff on other sites that are more reputable.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just based on the name, it sounded like those dodgy sites that appear totally legitimate with very cute clothes on their site. I did do a little search and it looks like it's distinctly average at best, with very mixed reviews. So Diane Lane, you were bang on the money with your assessment!

I found some not so flattering reviews:

7. gh0st233

gh0st233Member

Threads:
    One thing that annoys me very much, is that I'm seeing ads for Rosegal everywhere now. Seriously, everywhere I go, Rosegal stares at me. I don't want to buy from you, go away! The clothes that they have on the pictures are nice and cute, but I don't want to receive something bad.

8. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Just realize that you can probably find those clothes on a legitimate site, because the rose site probably stole the pictures from that site. I don't like when they do that, it happens all the time to me. I'll put something in a shopping cart online, or do a search, and suddenly I'm getting emails about it, and ads for it pop up on Facebook.

The scariest is that I ate something for lunch yesterday, and then suddenly I got an email from Walmart talking about a sale on that very product. It was probably a coincidence, but it freaked me out a little.

Ugh @Lushlala@Lushlala most of those reviews are horrible, and the positive ones sound as if they were either paid for, or written by the company itself. Fake reviews irritate me, because they undermine what little confidence we have as consumers, with regard to the products and companies we deal with online.

9. Lushlala

Threads:
    I know, Diane! That's the other practice I've learnt they have the tendency of resorting to. They not only buy a lot of positive reviews, but also buy a lot of negative ones to trash the competition. So in the end, you still have to do very extensive research in order to get anywhere near genuine feedback :( It's very exhausting.

10. Diane Lane

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala Wow, it never occurred to me that companies would buy fake negative reviews for the competition! That is disgusting! I hope legitimate companies wouldn't resort to that, but now that you've mentioned it, I could definitely see the shady ones doing that, to drive business to their own sites. What in the world has happened to people? I wonder who raised people who do things like that. Perhaps they were raised thinking lying, cheating, and stealing were good things.

11. Lushlala

Threads:
    I agree 100%, Diane. These are very unscrupulous people who don't give a hoot about you and me, never mind two! How they can sleep at night is beyond me. You'd think they'd try to channel all that energy into something more positive.

12. gh0st233

gh0st233Member

Threads:
    Well, everyone wants good reviews. A good, legitimate business is not going to pay for reviews, or give themselves good reviews. Bad websites that want as much profit for as little work as possible will try to do this, to give everybody an impression of being a good website. It usually works, so they keep doing it. I always like to ask someone who has some experience with a website before I purchase, or I purchase from websites that I know are trusted.

13. Lushlala

Threads:
    I agree, gh0st233, if a company cares about its customers, is confident in its products and is kosher, they wouldn't need to buy reviews! This is why I too tend to stick with the big, well known names because everyone knows them and they can't run and hide anywhere. If they mess you around, they need to address your query PRONTO for fear of tarnishing their reputation LOL

14. gh0st233

gh0st233Member

Threads:
    Exactly. Good companies to buy from are the ones with good reputation. They don't want to have a bad reputation, and they will always try to keep a customer happy. Online ones who are just there for a quick buck with little to no work, don't care about the customers. They only care about our money, and once they receive the money, they don't even care if we are happy or not.

15. Lushlala

Threads:
    I think you've hit the nail right on the head, gh0st233! if they cared, they wouldn't carry on the way they are. Clearly, their main motivation is money. This is the reason I now tend to stick with reputable, well known sites. My favourites sites I regularly use are based in the UK, Germany and Canada. If I don't use those, I'd much rather go into an actual store than risk losing money. For each new site that grabs my fancy, I do thorough research before I commit to anything. The location is a huge thing for me too. There are countries I refuse to even look at.

16. gh0st233

gh0st233Member

Threads:
    The problem is that a lot of good websites don't ship over here. Terranova has some nice stuff on their website that's not available in the stores, but they don't ship to my country. Same goes for Victoria's Secret, Forever21 and a bunch of other reputable sites.

17. Lushlala

Threads:

Yes, that's my frustration also! I honestly wish I knew what they base their decision on. Sometimes I see on the list of countries these sites ship to, they ship to neighbouring countries, but not mine! I also don't get why some will ship to troubled countries, but not mine. It's just very strange and annoying.