Did You Know About Walmart.com Free Shipping W/purchase $35 & Above

Discussion in Shipping Services started by Krissttina Isobe • Sep 2, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Aloha! I just purchased online at Walmart.com. I go window shopping online now and then and I signed up for Walmart.com. I was looking for microwave ovens and there was a rollback sale going on. To my pleasant surprise there it was free shipping to Hawaii even! I made sure it was really free shipping. It's the slowest way to get here by USPS and it got here in good condition too & absolutely free shipping! :eek:I'm so happy to share with you about it. Like Amazon.com Walmart.com has free shipping if merchandise cost is over $35.00! Amazon.com has only selected merchandise for free shipping. Walmart.com has all amounts $35 and over for free shipping. Isn't it great? Happy shopping! :p

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hi @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe Yes, I use this about once a month. I have some of my 'grocery' items delivered to the house, especially the bulky and/or heavy ones, such as large containers of cat litter and cat food. I usually don't have to add much to that to reach the $35 limit, since those type of items are somewhat costly. I have heard that many things are more expensive in Hawaii, since most have to be shipped in, so I wonder if you could actually order some of your other items this way and save some money over the local prices. They are trying out a plan for free shipping on 'everything' for $50/year, similar to the Amazon Prime deal, but without the entertainment component, so if you think it would be worth it for you, maybe you could consider that, as well. It's called Shipping Pass Pilot, and here's a link with more information, in case you're interested.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aloha! I have rarely used Walmart.com. I should look at using them more often, because they do have great prices, and the free shipping option makes it enticing. I am so glad you were able to get your purchase for free all the way to Hawaii, that is impressive. I hope that you can continue to use the site and get some great bargains.

4. legeipslt

legeipsltMember

Threads:
    Walmart's current free shipping rate is for a purchase of $50 or more. However, I use both Amazon and Walmart frequently. I don't drive, so a volunteer takes me grocery shopping once a week. For items that I can buy cheaper and are too large and bulky to place in her car I buy from Walmart, about once a month. Items like toilet paper (20 rolls), paper towels (12 rolls), laundry soap, baby wipes (I use them for cleaning), salad dressing in bulk, white vinegar in gallon bottles (for cleaning), fabric softener, and more.

Amazon I shop at so frequently, I should join Amazon Prime, but I just can't justify the expense of paying $99 a year. Anything I order on Amazon I make sure I have a $35 order so I get free shipping, and I normally am not in any immediate rush to get my items.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think it's great for consumers that bigger stores are now going into having more of an online presence because competition will only make existing online stores even better. Not to mention prices hopefully will also start to become competitive and the terms for free shipping may also turn out better after a while. Additionally, the variation in items will also probably get better and better as stores costs with each other to have the most unique goods for sale, so I'm hoping walmart actually makes it big as an online store as well.

6. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    Walmart.com is fabulous. I shop there monthly. I have bought everyday type items and some very high dollar items. I bought a great commercial paper shredder from them. It shreds cardboard which we need for our compost tumbler. Top quality item by Fellows. I love it!

7. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I posted about it on this site, but Walmart is also offering a new unlimited 2-day shipping option for $49. It's called Shipping Pass, and is similar to the Amazon Prime offering, but half price and without the entertainment aspect. Here's the information from an email I received from them.

We're excited to invite you to join Walmart.com's new shipping service.
    As a ShippingPass member, you can easily order anything you need, including clothing, home decor, electronics, movies and more — and enjoy home delivery in just two days.
    Enjoy all these great ShippingPass benefits:
    For just $49, along with fast 2-day shipping, you'll receive:
    Unlimited shipping all year long
    No minimum orders required
    Free returns online or in-store
    Don't wait — start enjoying unlimited 2-day shipping today!
    Sincerely,
    Your Walmart Customer Care Team

8. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really don't shop at Walmart.com very often. I am not sure I have ever ordered from there, mostly I just check to see if I an item I want is going to be available in a store. I might also comparison shop to see how their price stacks up against someone elses. These are the ways I will use Walmart. If I am going to order online, I almost always use Amazon.

9. Elaine Pickering

Elaine PickeringNew Member

Threads:
    I use Walmart.com all the time. That is where I purchase (in quantity) our body wash, soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc. I love it! I order only when my total is over $35 so that I get free s/h. That isn't very difficult with today's prices. Although our Walmart store is less than 5 miles away, I love knowing that my items will be dropped off on my front porch. They are so fast shipping and delivering, too! I also shop with Drugstore.com for items. They ship overnight at no additional cost. There, too, I wait until I have enough to order to qualify for free shipping. I also use Ebates when ordering online so that I get additional $$ back! It's a win/win situation for me!

10. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    That's nice, but I tend to avoid Wal-mart due to their inundated market place. It doesn't make sense that if something I'm looking for from Wal-mart is out of stock another company can pay to have their above msrp substitute listed in place of the item I actually searched for, and Wal-mart continues to allows this.