Did you know Walmart's mobile site shows in-store prices?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Barry79 • Aug 8, 2014.

1. Barry79

Barry79New Member

Threads:
    Thought I'd share this with everyone... Did you know you can check your local Walmart's in-store price by using your mobile browser?

This is a good way to find items that are on clearance or marked down. I look for items that show as out of stock online, but available for in-store pickup today. Add those items to your cart and you'll see your local in-store price.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Walmart continues to add some decent features to its app. You can also scan the QR code on your physical receipt with the app and then get a digital copy of that receipt on to the app. I can't remember if you can actually use that digital receipt for anything, but I'm assuming that you can. Otherwise, that function would make no sense. A year or two ago that app was pretty lackluster and didn't even beat visiting the mobile Walmart.com website.

3. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    When I went into Walmart today, they had several televisions showing a commercial for their new app. They stated that if purchase an item at Walmart then found the same item at a lower price at a competitor's store, they will give you the price difference. You just needed to take a picture of the receipt then input the lower price you found. That is pretty cool.

4. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    Oh wow thanks, that's a great tip! I don't spend a ton of time at Walmart, but if I fine anything I'm not opposed to going.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Walmart's currently dealing with sluggish sales and a number of other problems involving profits and revenue. The company is trying to do everything it can to buck that trend, and the mobile app helps it on various fronts. Their app is designed to get customers into stores and online in greater numbers, so the e-receipts, in-app ad match, and other features are being pushed hard. Likewise, the company wants to break into online sales at a greater stage akin to Amazon, which won't happen anytime soon. You'll see a few improvements from the company nonetheless.