Die-hard Shopper Or Occasional Purchaser?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by blurinoctober • Feb 22, 2016.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that a lot of these products are to test the market to see if they will make money on the product. I tend to not do a lot of shopping even the ones that look good I can resist them.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been seeing lately on television things that I need that you can only buy calling, now while the commercial is on and it is tempting, but I hold back till I get researching done about it for I'm on a very tight budget. I love the new products that claim to regrow hair and make it thicker and fuller, Viviscal. There is a cleaner that seems be to just what I need, Dutch Glow Cleaning Tonic too that I'd like to get. I resist calling and do research on it though just to be on the safer side.I even ask what is a generic brand to the things I want to buy so I can get the best value for my money.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't but mostly only because the products I like don't end up being sold in our ASOT channels. Usually the ones we get are the most popular ones only that turn viral and the less famous ones I just catch on youtube mostly. If we had a more diverse array or choices I'd probably be like your aunt or at least I'd have to make more of an effort to stop myself from shopping too much. Currently I'm just a casual shopper.

4. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    It is sensible to buy products advertised on TV after you have contacted them and sent you a catalogue of the products they are selling. You should also get to know about their physical location. Read the catalogues between the lines and check related stores to see whether they offer value for money as seen on the advert. In case of electronics, check whether they have a warranty.

5. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    i am a seldom ASOT shopper. However, my father is an infomercial junkie! I have recently stopped him from making so many purchases from TV infomercials for a reasons. While some of the products are of decent quality and worth the month they claim the product costs, they rarely cost anything near what the commercial states. I started taking calls for a company that fielded order calls for various infomercials. The hidden costs are insane! Plus, every call had a high-pressure up-sale that oftentimes was worded like it was a much better deal than what it really turned out to be. now, if there is something on the TV that my dad must have, I go online and order it or order it from amazon or eBay. It has saved him a lot of money in the long run.

6. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I am an occasional shopper at best, but I am also certainly someone who wishes that they could get every product that they see. It might have something to do with the ads and the appeal, but the products are also always intriguing, and see to be those things that you never really think of that you could use. I have indulged, and I will continue to, but if I went on every whim I might just be broke.

7. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    The only "as seen on TV" product that we're grateful to have is the mop that can be dried by manually pumping into a revolving basket. We always buy when we have to have the wiper changed. We normally don't buy anything unless we need it at home. When our budget is tight, we have to make do with manually doing stuff around the house. Mopping the floors is not fun and we don't like having to squeez the dirty mop by hand whenever we have to wash it so we bought the product. It's been of great help to us because it saves us the time and effort of maintaining it.

8. sharatharadhya

sharatharadhyaMember

Threads:
    I am an Occasional Shopper. I do shop a lot of stuff but only when I really need it. I never buy something just because it is available for cheap. I really value money and I feel that way I can save some money for the important things in life. I feel shopping because of discounts accumulate a lot of unuseful stuff inside the house and I hate it.

9. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    It's more of a second. I don't like spending too much money on stuff that's not necessary. However, I usually buy myself some new clothes every month or, at the very least, a season. That helps me look good. It means a lot to me.

10. PennyPincher

PennyPincherMember

Threads:
    I never, ever buy anything I see on infomercials. This has a lot to do with the fact that I used to work from home taking calls from people who ordered products from infomercials. Needless to say, I also got the calls from customers who were not satisfied and wanted a refund. There were lots of those calls too.

11. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I love shopping and if i can i'd shop for things at my heart's content but i'm on a tight budget so if something caught my eye and it's really important that i have it, then i won't hesitate to purchase it otherwise i won't spend a dime for things that aren't that necessary.

12. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Because of my meager circumstances at the moment, I can't afford to be a hard core shopper. However, after watching television shopping networks, I can see how people could become hard core shoppers. It is very tempting when you see things that you want, but truly don't need.

13. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some of these As seen on TV products do look tempting, but I am savvy enough to know..most of them don't work as well as demoed on TV. OUr news station sometimes tests some of the products and shows the ones that work, versus those that don't. Some are OK, but some do not work nearly as well as they do on TV. I think if you are interested in something, it is better to wait for it to come to an As Seen on TV store near you...or in another store that carries the products, at least that way you don't pay the shipping.

14. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1New Member

Threads:
    I think I'm a occasional shopper. Before the economy hit, I use to spend every thing but that was before. Now, the only thing I spend a lot of money on is goodwill clothes.

15. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I am an early adopter but would not rush to buy the next item as seen on TV. This is in retrospect because I have learnt that advertisers usually overhype their items and one is disappointed that the items and the hype don't live up to the cost. I would only buy items am sure of having learnt about them in other platforms and seen their prices to be preferential as seen on TV.

16. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a big eater, when I watch these program, I get caught up in the advertisements for sure. I remember seeing one 30 minute session about this pan that was non-stick, it was the first one I had ever seen so many years go. They did their routines when they cooked, and wiped it out with napkins.

I gave in and bought it for the $100 dollars as advertised. I cooked in it and went to use a napkin to clean it, and it burned the napkin. I used a towel, and it make the eggs that I was cooking smear in the pan, it was so misleading.

17. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I am an occasional shopper. I do like to window shop a lot but order goods only when I really need them.

18. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    i'm an occasional shopper and usually buy things I really need. If I go on a shopping spree it will only be to buy my daughter clothing she grows out of and of course other necessities. It has been a couple of years since I have bought something for myself but it feels great. I used to shop too much and spent money I could have saved.

19. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not in the category of "Buyer" just because the adverts are suggesting a specific product. There are two things that could motivate me to buy anything, first I need it and then the product is in the list of my tried and tested category. Just because a popular star is encouraging me to buy it- No way.