Diet 7 Up

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Zyni • Feb 13, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you ever have trouble finding 7 Up products, especially diet 7 Up? In our area, some stores refuse to carry their products. I'm guessing that's a local thing, based on the area vendor, but I also have trouble finding it sometimes even in big stores in the city, like Walmart. Many times they don't have it in stock. Right now, it's on sale at Walmart, so I grabbed some for my husband. It's his favorite. I bet they'll be out of it for weeks after the sale though. Anyone else encounter this?

Oh, and as for review of the soda itself, I do like the flavor, but my favorite is the Walmart brand of

2. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I know of only 2 stores in my area that carry 7 Up actually and both of them are the larger retail grocery stores. With that being said we do have a Dollar General that will carry it, but it sells out really quick their. I am not sure why other than the fact it is the only store in my little town that carries this type of item, but even then it is a little bit more costly than the regular grocery stores.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hardly ever see 7 Up in my local stores although it is available in the larger out-of-town supermarkets. It's never on offer either. I guess it's just not as popular as Coke etc. I love it though, it's really refreshing.

4. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    Diet 7 up always seems to be readily available here in Wales but i have never seen diet Dr Pepper here. I don't by diet drinks myself as they are reported to be even worse for your health than the regular versions. There are links with diet soft drinks to heart disease and stroke and the term ''diet'' is misleading, these drinks will make you gain weight not lose it, just as the regular drinks will do.

It is probably ok to drink these diet soda's occasionally but there is no nutritional value to them. Water and juice would be the much better option.

5. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like diet sodas of any kind. I'd rather just drink less regular soda, than more diet soda, if you know what I mean.
    I've never encountered a shortage of any kind of 7-up, diet or otherwise, in my area. I'm always in the soda or juice aisles in stores, and I always see 7-up. I buy it sometimes, either the regular kind or the
    cherry flavor. Delicious!

6. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    Around here 7up is unpopular enough that no one buys it, but the stores still carry it. If you're ever thirsty and you go to the store, they might be out of everything else, it they will always have 7up.

7. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I very rarely drink 7UP products but I never have any trouble finding them. Theyre readily available at Wal-Mart and most local grocery stores. Not sure why youre having trouble finding them.

8. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    It still gets sold around here in the odd store here and there but not all. Its mainly the big supermarkets that stock it and even then it usually seems to be the regular as opposed to the light ore diet version.

While I have drank it in the past, its probably not my first choice when it comes to a drink and especially as it tastes like sprite which ya can buy practically everywhere and its also cheaper.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    They aren't as available here either, I'm guessing because they aren't as popular as other sodas like diet coke or diet Rootbeer. I myself don't like diet sprite all that much because it's much too bland for my taste, even though I don't completely hate it. Probably half of convenience stores here might carry the product although I've never really remembered seeing any.

10. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really don't know what to say about diet products, they are a joke in my opinion. I mean, they might have less sugar and for that reason be considered "diet", but at the same time what comes to replace them can have far worse consequences.

11. jamiew23

jamiew23Member

Threads:
    God I don't think I've seen 7up in ages! I think last time I saw it might have been in a Tescos but it was only the little 500ml bottle. Haven't seen the big bottles in a while but I must admit I'm not a huge fan of the stuff.

12. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's seems a lot of others here are as well. I don't know why. In my case, as mentioned, I think it is in part due to poor service via the local vendor. I went to Walmart last week, and they had two liters but no twelve packs. This week, the guy was stocking some twelve packs. He said he was new and that they had just fired the other guy. I'm hoping this guy does a good job and that this means it will be more readily available now.

13. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually I do drink 7Up relatively often, at least once per week, but I never tried the diet version because I feel that the diet sodas are actually more harmful than the regular ones. Better not to drink either of them though.

14. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    This product is really rare in our area. I would love to grab Diet 7 up projects in a wholesale prize. I could possibly save some dollars if I will purchase it in a whole prize and stock it on my refrigerator. My wife and children are loved to drink it. However, it's hard to find it in our area because diet 7 up is only available on big stores like Walmart. I wise I could buy it online and deliver it on my door.

15. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    I must live in a great area (the MidWest). I typically don't have a problem finding diet 7-Up products and I do buy quite a bit of it. I LOVE it when my grocery store offers a buy 10-get 1 free sale. It is almost guaranteed that they offer 7-Up products as part of this sale and I stock up every time. :)

16. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is true, 7-up makes a lot of promotions, but that only happens because they have huge huge margins, basically we are buying sugared water at the price of juice and it's totally unhealthy. It just tastes good.