Diet for vegetarians?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by thc101mc • Sep 12, 2012.

1. thc101mc

thc101mcNew Member

Threads:
    Hi can you recommend me a vegetarian diet you will lose weight? I eat eggs, cheese, milk, etc. but not meat! Many will be happy to give me a good diet appropriate for this season. Thanks Now ! :)

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have recently switched to a vegetarian diet. I have been eating a lot of beans and lentils. They are a great source of protein. I make a bean soup that has 27 grams of protein per serving. The lentil mix I make has 23 grams of protein. I don't eat eggs, cheese or milk. I do eat yogurt which has a lot of protein per serving too. Since, you do eat eggs, a spinach quiche would work.

Good luck.

3. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Losing weight on a vegetarian diet should be quite easy, provided you watch your carb intake. I liked Parker's suggestions, as including plenty of proteinaceous foods can fill you up faster, and help you build and tone muscles, and help in fat loss. I've seen this work on my son, who turned vegan recently and lost a lot of weight in less than six months. He looks more toned, even without much exercise!

4. Andrea4

Andrea4Member

Threads:
    I agree with the previous posters. I don't eat meat either, but eggs, beans, yogurt and cottage cheese are all staples for me. Limit your carbs (that's always first advice for everyone) and increase your fiber, fruits and veggies, and you'll see a difference for sure. Good luck!

5. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Sorry I'm not a vegetarian and mmikght not be the best advisor here. Anyway Checkout this link:

It might just prove very helpful

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Lentils, fruits, vegetables, cheese and milk products make up a healthy diet and is great to reduce weight. I am almost a vegetarian. I love yogurt or curd and eat it after every meal. I top it with dried fruits and nuts and a spoon of honey and it turns into a dessert. Increasing the raw foods in your diet helps reduce weight. Avoiding foods that are high carbohydrates in your diet helps reduce weight much faster. Eating more of green leafy vegetables also help lose weight.

#6Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  7. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    The Mediterranean Diet would be a good one to follow, because it doesn't rely heavily on meat - just lots of fish, fruit, vegetables and whole grains. Even if you don't eat fish, there's enough in the diet to keep you healthy and help you to lose weight. A soup-based diet would also be a good way to go, as there are lots of different meatless soups you can make.

8. Seymour

SeymourNew Member

Threads:
    Green vegetables are good choice for the weight loss purposes.
    You can take green leaf vegetables, cucumber, broccoli, cabbage, radish, oat, and kale etc. in raw form or in salad form to lose your weight. You can also take green tea, coffee, lemon water, citrus fruits juices, and green vegetables soups for the weight loss purposes.

#8May 17, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
  9. andymark25415

andymark25415Banned

Threads:
    try to do some workout, this is best procedure to loss weight fast.

#9Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014