Diet Or Regular Soda?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by pafjlh • Feb 5, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I guess this is a question for soda drinkers such as myself. What type of soda do you prefer to drink, diet or regular. For me I prefer diet soda, not just because of wanting to watch calories but for over all flavor. To me regular soda tastes way too sweet, and I find that I can't bring myself to drink it. The funny thing is you know how some prefer Pepsi and some prefer Coke I could take either one, as long as its diet.

So, which do you prefer regular or diet soda and why?

2. vivivivicky

vivivivickyNew Member

Threads:
    9 times out of 10 I will choose a diet soda. Yes, caloric intake is a concern, but just like you the sweetness is just too intense for purely a beverage. Now, if I having a Coke as a little treat (or hangover cure) I will definitely pick up a regular full sugar soda, but never when accompanying a meal for me.

3. LAGuy

LAGuyMember

Threads:
    I'm finally starting to get off soda completely... It seems there are all kinds of studies that show insulin shoots up even after you drink a diet soda... I'm now making my own iced tea - and slowly cutting down on sweetener... I used to use a cup in a pitcher.. at this point I'm down to half a cup... my goal eventually is to hit zero... I figure it's a lot healthier than soda in the long run...

4. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    People who choose Diet over regular soda about calorie content are just fooling themselves. I say, no soda at all -- sure, I enjoy it every now and then, but I still prefer to drink water. Diet soda is not more healthy, no person dieting ever lost weight because of switching to diet soda, the difference in calories is just compensated and diet soda makes them want sugar and more food, etc, etc.

No soda. Soda is bad for you, guys. Also, completely useless, too.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's full-fat Coke for me. I only have a Coke around once a month so I'm not too concerned about the sugar content. In any case, I've read several studies stating that the sweeteners used in diet sodas are way more harmful than sugar.

6. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Diet soda is worst to one's health than regular soda, which many people do not know or ignore. The artificial sweeteners in diet sodas make people gain more weight and their brains crave for more sweets, especially natural sugars. Also the artificial flavoring in diet soda actually interfere with natural bacteria in our guts, making humans less tolerant of glucose. Even scarier, 48% of people who drink diet sodas are more at risk to heart attacks and strokes when compared with people who didn't drink soda.

Although I do not drink soda as much, I prefer regular soda over any diet soda craziness any day.

7. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer regular soda
    Although I have had a diet soda and I had no problem with it I still prefer regular soda.
    There is no particular reason for it honestly.

It kind of irks me though when a person could order up an entire McDonald's dollar menu and then order a diet coke. I'm like "really? what is that gonna do?"

8. LAGuy

LAGuyMember

Threads:
    Some of the recent information coming out about diet sodas has convinced me that there's no such thing as a free lunch when it comes to sodas... More and more, we're realizing how bad they are for us...

9. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Regular soda for me. I don't drink it everyday (it's laden with sugar), but when I do I want to enjoy it to its full flavor.

10. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not really a "health conscious" type of person, and I don't really give much thought on how many calories or sugar does my food has. So I'll just go with regular soda.

11. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer regular soda because to me it does taste better. When I'm eating pizza or Chinese food I like having soda with it or with another meal. I don't drink soda every single day but I do have some at times. Regular soda is also great if your having a party.

12. dillydally

dillydallyNew Member

Threads:
    I'm a diet coke girl. Not just for the no calories but I think it tastes better. I have no idea why. I also like the coke zero cherry. I love Dr Pepper, root beer and cream soda in the full sugar options though. I don't drink those very often however.

13. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't had a soda in ten years, but when I did drink it I preferred the real thing over the diet versions. Neither one ever really quenched my thirst, but rather made me thirstier in the long run. I think, though, that the diet ones were to worst for that.
    I've also heard that the sugar substitutes could do horrible things to your health. Aspartame in particular is dangerous and even more so when whatever it's in is stored at elevated temperatures. I've forgotten the specifics on that, but I'm sure if you googled it you'd find plenty.

14. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I was once the type of person who only drank diet soda. I drank it for the caffeine & the carbonation not exactly for the taste. That is until I read about aspartame. Now, I drink tea when I want the caffeine & soda water with lime when I want the carbonation. If you're honestly curious of the information on aspartame give it a look see online. Scary stuff & not worth giving money to a company that could easily not use it in their products.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like both depending on my mood, also ugh I drink diet soda a bit more nowadays because I find most sodas to be too sweet. On rare occasions I'd actually crave for the overt sweetness but most of the time if I just want to satisfy my cravings for a fizzy drink then I'll opt to go for a diet one instead just because I think it tastes a bit better to me.

16. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    Diet Soda is better. I don't find any taste difference between Diet Soda and Regular Soda. I like Diet Soda because I'm trying to loss weight right now and it has less or no sugar at all. Less sugar means less calories which is good for diet without sacrificing my cravings for soft-drinks.

17. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally prefer regular pop/soda, although to be fair I very rarely drink it. I feel it's the other way round, diet pop/soda tastes sweeter to me. It seems to also go flatter quicker! I just really can't stand the taste. I'd even go so far as to opt for water instead of diet pop/soda.