Diet Soda, Without the Brain Chemicals!

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Trex78 • Oct 3, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think that you have done enough research into it then. Aspartame, or Animo Sweet - as they have changed the name since more and more people were becoming aware of the name aspartame and avoiding this poison - id made in a lab from fecal matter. Shit, basically. It can create a whole host of problems, namely cancer. Moderation is not the point when it comes to poison. Avoiding it altogether is the key, as is to be done with Amino Sweets/Aspartame.

2. Trex78

Trex78Member

Threads:
    I get where you're coming from brokowski, but the story is different with aspartame. Hit the youtubes, the people talk like they are extremely certain about the physiological consequences of aspartame. I forget exactly what they said, it was a long time ago that I watched those videos, but I remember they made a compelling argument.

But hey, my mom is literally addicted to diet coke, and probably drinks, at least, a liter a day. Often it's more than that. And she's a pretty successful business woman. When I think about it, the only weird brain-related thing with her that I can think of is that, sometimes when she goes to sleep, she is literally almost unconscious, and it is quite difficult to rouse her.

God I wish she'd stop drinking so much of that, though...

3. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I would give it a taste. I've never had a problem with budget brand diet sodas, so I'll probably be OK with this. How are we sure that sucralose isn't harmful either? I've heard that it can cause intestinal problems. Personally I would rather avoid it all together.

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I rarely drink RC or diet soda in general. It's just never tasted nearly as good as normal soda in my opinion. So I don't worry too much about the artificial sweeteners and flavors. People really hype anything the media tells them and I think this is another case of that. I don't think you're going to suffer a horrific death if you have a diet soda every now and then.

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    People will do anything to discredit truth sometimes, and so directing them to Youtube, so that they can brush up on their research, is probably not the best idea lol, since many people do not see Youtube as a credible source. Aspartame has officially been classified as a neurotoxin. Can we say that we are shocked though? When it is made from fecal matter then how can we expect it to do anything good for our bodies?

6. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    There are questionable things in everything we eat. That's just part of living. The media has helped to perpetuate this continual fear and anxiety a lot of people seem to deal with on a daily basis. The bottom line is that we're all going to die. And it's probably not going to be because we drank too much diet soda at one point or another. We have to live our lives free and without fear. Worrying about minuscule threats to our lives just cuts the enjoyment and fun out of it.

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    Nope. The problem is that aspartame has not really been hyped in the media. The changing of the name to Amino sweets actually is evidence of the fact that they are trying to steer people away from looking into what the substance is and what it does. So in this case I wouldn't attribute the 'hysteria' surrounding it as fear mongering or the media trying to scare people. In this case, it is true. A person could have a number of bodily conditions that may be escalated by the consumption of these harmful substances. Most people are only worried about counting calories. But nobody seems to be counting the chemicals or doing research into what these chemicals can and are doing to their body.

8. Trex78

Trex78Member

Threads:
    This is true to an extent. There is alot of paranoia and hysteria surrounding healthy living, healthy eating, and avoiding the contaminants that our society leaks (and often intentionally puts) into the food supply. However, it's not, then, necessarily a personal weakness to consider, be aware of, and respond to the knowledge about these substances. Yes, nobody is going to avoid all the contaminants, but that doesn't mean we should live a life of 'ignorance is bliss.'

9. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that there is a high degree of hysteria about food where people largely exaggerate the positive or negative effects of foods. I have seen blueberries promoted as if they were a magic pill because of the high anti-oxidant levels. Now, I do think artificial sweeteners are being vilified to a certain extent. My personal experience was that I used to drink way too many diet sodas. I felt much better when I quit. So, I don't want to go back to feeling cruddy and hesitate to drink them again. There is something in them that does not seem healthy to me. But, that does not mean I think they instantly cause cancer. The studies on animals have been in megadoses, and metabolic harms occur after high levels of long-term use. Trying a Diet RC won't kill any of us. I just think the regular stuff is too root-beery for my taste and have no interest.

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    Isn't it true that diet products actually have the most calories or something like that? It is either they have the most calories, or they posses the most chemicals. Either way, the shit is bad for you lol. I feel like water is the best solution. It does a whole host of things for the human body, and you can get filters for it in order to get rid of all the crap that the government feed into our water supply. With soda, there is sort of no chance that it is ever going to do anything god for your body.