Dieting On A Budget

Discussion in Food & Drink started by steph84 • Apr 21, 2016.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone. How do you all diet on a budget. I am trying to diet for the summer and I have to eat a lot of fresh veggies and protein and was wondering what types of foods you all eat to stay fit. Since I will be eating more protein this time around, I am nervous about my budget! I am thinking of eating more fish and ground turkey, but that might get boring fast and I do not like to eat chicken more than once a week. Any tips? Thanks!

2. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    Going lean vegan is only like $3 per day if you know how to handle your beans, lentils and rice ;) Gives you lots of wiggle room for fun stuff like avocados and higher quality veggies down the road.

3. Jitters

JittersNew Member

Threads:
    There is nothing wrong with veg that has been frozen soon after picking, has been proven that they're still full of vitamins and nutrients.
    My main foods are: Fromage (cheaper than greek yogurt), frozen chicken breasts, frozen fish, over ripe bananas (they sell very cheaply and can be used to make bread), frozen berries, Brie, Goats Cheese.
    Protein is expensive in food form so if you want to save money there get a whey powder (make sure it doesn't contain sugar and is just whey, not bulked up with rubbish).

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I try to diet on a budget sometimes by forgoing rice and resorting to bread instead. Sometimes, I eat fish instead of meat since most cooked meat-based recipes are more pricey compared to canned tuna or sardines. There are times I merge my breakfast and lunch, have a bit of snacks in the afternoon and eat a light dinner. This actually saves me a lot of money. Well there will be hunger pangs at night at times but once you get the hang of it, your cravings drop.

5. Charlie Hammond

Charlie HammondNew Member

Threads:
    Vegs and fish are the best. :)

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a good time of the year to be dieting as so many of the fruits and vegetables are in season now. You can get them much more affordably. You can also eat veggie products like burgers and dishes to ease the monotony. It gets boring eating any of the same foods over and over again. That is why I like Weight Watchers you can basically eat whatever you want, as long as you count it.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I heard that buying nuts is a great way to help out in both savings and dieting because you could buy it in bulk and whenever you feel cravings you could just scoop a few and snack on those until you lose the need to munch on something much more unhealthy. I've never tried this method myself though and I'm not sure which particular nut would be the best but I'm sure there is lots of information on this somewhere online from people more knowledgable so just look around and research some nuts to purchase for dieting.