Different athletic shoes for each activity?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Pocs • Aug 13, 2012.

1. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    Running, jogging, walking, the gym, and hiking just to name a few are activities we all have in our lives. Do you have a special pair of athletic shoes for all your activities?

I have 2 pair of sneakers, a new pair to where out to do whatever I plan to participate in. And a old pair I use for yard work or doing those nasty tasks outside. Being budget cautious I really don't see the need to have multiple pairs of shoes for different activities. I did however, have cleats for Softball and soccer when I played, but this are pieces of equipment in my opinion.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have running shoes that I only use for...well running. For everything else, I have a cross trainer shoe. I walk a lot so my cross trainers take a lot of abuse and wear out fairly quickly. I'm trying to make my running shoes last as long as possible since I pay a lot for them.

3. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard this different type of shoe for different types of activities and i suppose there is some truth to it, but it is unlikely that most people will have a shoe for different activity, its is just not cost effective. most of the athletic shoes out there cost a lot of money so it would be better to buy one that fits well and that you can do all those other activities in.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't currently. It makes sense to have different ones for some activities, though. Hiking shoes are going to be a different kind than running shoes, for example. And like you said, you have some for gardening and special shoes for sports, etc. I wouldn't have a different pair for jogging vs running, though.

5. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I have one pair and they are like skin. I mean they are skin-tight and so well-worn that they lack a tread on the bottom. I used them for all my exercising and have already begun to mourn their inevitable demise.

6. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I only have one pair and its a low cut basketball shoes from Adidas. I did not opt for the high cut ones because they just won't work for me when I go to the gym or when I go jogging. High cut basketball shoes doesn't look good unless you only use them for Basketball whereas low cut ones can be used for different sports and activities.

7. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I also have one pair of good quality shoes. I use them for my workouts, jogging and hiking. They are pretty good for hiking too. I really don't believe in having too many. Where is the space..? I would like to go with the thinking less is more.

8. benn08

benn08Member

Threads:
    Well, for different sports yeah and random things to do in the outdoors. I will use my running/trainers for going outdoors on easy hikes and what not, and when I do play badminton, my main sport I iwll have to wear my indoor court shoes, as they really enhance my speed and agility around the court.

9. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I like a good all around shoe and I would pick just a pair of cross-training shoes because they try to be a little bit of everything. They give you enough stability to move forward and backward- as well as side to side-and you can run in them which is nice because they are not so rigid either. I would recommend these shoes as the best all around exercise shoe.

10. PeteS

PeteSNew Member

Threads:
    I usually have two pair of athletic shoes, one is for clean and controlled environments which I use for outside activities on nice days. Once they get old, they become the ´second tier´ which are the shoes I use for hiking and other more dirty activities where I don´t want to get my newer shoes dirty. I used to have a third pair of excercise shoes especially for hiking that protected my ankles, but after not using them a few times I realized they weren´t as necessary as I thought they were, old sneakers work just fine.