Different browsers

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Strykstar • Oct 9, 2014.

1. enell

enellMember

Threads:
    I'm a FireFox user, I tried many times to use chrome, but unfortunately, My type of work in the internet requires some plugins that works perfectly in FireFox, though some of them are available also for Chrome, still, FireFox has no any issues with getting the plugins installed and function smoothly! There's one thing that I really hate about Chrome, Which is, the IDM plugin, whenever I install it and enable it in Chrome, the download button appears in some videos an in some others it doesn't, whether in Youtube or any other web page! And it is something annoying, for I use the downloader every single moment of my browsing!

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    No. I only use Firefox. I'm used to it and I have yet to come across a reason that would push me to another browser. I will admit, there was a time where I thought I would have to switch to Chrome, but Firefox managed to fix the issue right before I just couldn't take it any longer and I didn't have to do a thing.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I have always used Chrome, as I find that it is the fastest browser among the "Big Three" (Chrome, Firefox, IE) I also like that Chrome has a nice home page, where I can click on my most visited pages or perform a Google search right away. The use of many Google Extensions like Adblock, Hola etc. also improves my surfing experience. I am aware that Firefox is also popular and has many extensions, such as Greasemonkey which are not available on Chrome, but having tried Chrome from its inception I'm more inclined to stick with it :p

4. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I most often use Chrome because it's got quick support. It's also much more stable than the rest. I have tried Firefox, IE8, IE9 and IE10, Flock and Opera. I joined the Flock team, but then the browser stopped providing us with their service, saying that they were developing something better. With IE the Google Toolbars were conflicting with the way IE works and sometimes they just don't match.

I like the more recent browsers. Compared to a few years back, the support and help line have been less trickier and less conceiving in their presentation. I also like that they have support in all sorts of languages now and a leave-us-a-message feature.

Different browsers are required for different browsing purposes. When trying to browse for trends on the social media, Chrome won't give the most detailed result. You can search extensively but then you'd have to install a gazillion additional plug-ins, one for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Klout, etc. You would get a better result by downloading social media browser, like Rockmelt or others.

#24Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I use two browsers for my internet needs. I use Google Chrome for pretty much everything, but there are a couple of sites that make me money that require me to use an add-ons that is only available on FireFox, so I have that browser installed just for those small occasions. I still have Internet Explorer installed, but I haven't used that browser since IE6 first came out.

6. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I always two different browsers that is Firefox and Google Chrome. I prefer to use both as both of them have totally different browser benefits. I have always been great fan of mozilla Firefox but now I started using chrome. But I prefer Firefox over any other browsers.

7. tjmsrubegoldberg

tjmsrubegoldbergNew Member

Threads:
    I've used Firefox for a long time as my main browser, but I've recently started using Chrome as a secondary browser. The main reason why I primarily use Firefox is because I've gotten used to its layout and feel and couldn't really imagine normal browsing without it. I think that Firefox is a bit more customizable than Chrome, although recently it seems like Chrome has been getting more and more useful addons. I also like Mozilla as a company, as it has repeatedly shown its support for a free, open Internet.

If I were given a new computer for a day with both browsers installed, I would probably choose Chrome, simply because Firefox would not have all of my addons, themes, and settings that I depend on for an average browsing session. If I were given a new computer to use for months with the same options, I would spend the time setting up Firefox to the exact settings that I have now.