Difficulty Buying Bras

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by tasxx • Aug 17, 2015.

1. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    I find it so difficult to buy bras whether it be in person or in store. I'm more on the smaller side so it's really difficult to find my exact bra size (32A) in stores. Today I went shopping and I had to settle for 34A bras but thankfully they fit perfectly. I don't know whether I'm actually a 32A or a 34A now and I've already tried using multiple bra calculators online. It's so confusing and I don't know what to do. It's even worse when I try to buy bras online from VS because I don't want to buy the wrong size and then have to exchange it which would take more time. The bra sizing system is supposed to be convenient but sometimes I feel that it's really frustrating. What are your thoughts on this?

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Hi! I have read before that you would need to have your exact measurements taken. I think many stores have this option. Just let them take your measurement so it will be easier to find bras. Or you can get your measurement by looking through online tutorials on how to measure your boobs.

3. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I hear your frustration. Bras need to be tried on to guarantee a proper fit. It's a waste of time and money to buy them online only to have to return them. I always thought I was a 34A until I tried another make of bras and found out that I'm a 34almost A. I also find that a 34A in one brand can be a larger A cup size than another brand. I like the line of bras by Playtex and do half sizes. They have 1/2A or A or 1/2 B. I can always find these bras at Sears.

4. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    All our bodies are shaped different and two people who are 32A can shape up differently. It could be the shape of the back, shoulders or sides that are different or if your breast sit up high or down low. So, yes, sending your exact measurements or trying them on are really important for real fit and comfort.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Bra shopping is a real drag at times. The thing that annoys me is that each store seems to have it's own idea when it comes to sizing. A bra in your usual size at one store might fit perfectly but the same size in another store is often completely different.

I'm a real fan of charity/thrift stores on the whole but bras are one of the few things that I insist on buying new. Here in the UK, there's a chain store called Marks & Spencer which is the go-to place for a lot of bra shoppers. I tend to stick with them, they offer a free measuring service and the bras themselves, whilst not the cheapest, do last for a long time.

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have had that problem as well. I'm 32 B and want to look as small as possible. Apparently that is the opposite of all bra makers idea of what my size is supposed to want. Now I just wear Fruit of the loom sports bras all the time because it's the only thing I'm comfortable with.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I won't even attempt to measure myself because I find it difficult. I also used to guess my size and found out the first time I got measured that I was way off! Each time I go into a store to replenish my stash, I ask them to measure me. I don't know about where you are, but in the UK they offer free bra fitting everywhere. I wear an odd size 32E, so I can only really buy from certain stores like Marks and Spencer, Bravissimo and La Senza.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Wow. That's a very common bra size in my area and there's never an issue finding them.

I understand that you may not want to buy online, but sometimes it is more convenient that way. Look for a store that has free return shipping and it's like having your own dressing room at home. Keep the ones you like and send back the rest.

9. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’ve semi-given up on bra shopping. I’m small enough that I can just wear bandeaus half the time. Which does make the girls look smaller, but I don’t particularly care about that. It is nice to have a couple of proper bras that fit nicely (and I was skeptical of the size that most online calculators give me, but it’s worked out well) but the simpler stuff tends to be more comfortable, less expensive, and just as pretty. Still looking for a bralette I like, though.