Digital Or Physical Games?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Dame6089 • Jun 4, 2016.

1. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Do you prefer to buy digital or physical games? When I ask this question, I am not referencing digital-only release games like on Steam. I am talking about games that you could potentially buy physically or digitally. I tend to lean towards physical games, though I have a handful of digital games on my Wii U and 3DS as well. While I like having the physical game for aesthetic purposes, I do really enjoy having some games always available to play without having to take another game out. What do you think?

2. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    I greatly prefer the freedom of physical, even though digital has probably surpassed physical in overall ease and efficiency. At the end of the day as a mainly console bound gamer I have the freedom to easily bring a game to my friends house or sell it, and until PSN and Xbox live are competitively priced with steam, physical will continue to be cheaper most of the time.

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Great point and one that I didn't even consider as someone who doesn't have many gamer friends. Digital sales really help companies by eliminating the second hand game market. This is one of the reasons I believe that game companies have been pushing digital so much. They get nothing when Gamestop sells you a used copy of Call of Duty. Also, they usually charge the same price for digital as physical, so the companies are saving some money on case, disc, and manual. It is a win win for them all around.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a game consul so I am limited by default to digital games and apps. I don't play any of them that much though. They are fun, but I don't have unlimited internet on anything, so I watch TV or do something else in lieu of playing games. I just need to watch how much time I am online.

5. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    What do you mean by not having unlimited internet? Do you have caps on your internet usage each month? I didn't know plans like that still existed. I haven't heard of anybody having problems playing online with most standard internet plans today, so that is interesting that you say that.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course they do! Yes, I have satellite internet. If you live in a country area, without lines for cable or whatever, Satellite is the only type of semi high speed internet you can get. Not only is it expensive, but plans are metered so you don't have unlimited bandwidth. ONly at night is there no data restriciton.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When there was only physical games I liked Scrabble. Now that we have a choice I prefer digital games the best. I can play games almost everyday and enjoy it. I like to win something too aside of playing. The places i check for are game sites where I can win money or gift cards the best of all.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer buying digital and I think that is the cheaper option. These days you can find lots of deals online for digital downloads and the games would cost almost next to nothing whereas if you buy physical copies you're try much are stuck with the standard cost and price even when they are already old games. That said, the second hand market for physical copies isn't half bad as you can get games for half the original price and if you look in the right places you could even get them for even less. Though admittedly I sometimes worry about scratches until I finally get home and test the discs out myself but most of the time sellers are willing to let you test before you buy.