Dine In Or Dine Out

Discussion in Food & Drink started by tonyb • Oct 12, 2016.

1. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Some days I am just too lazy to cook and make for a nearby restaurant for food. This usually happen after a long day at work. Every time I visit the restaurant I don't feel cool settling down to eat right there. I always opt for a dine out. I often see a good number people busy eating their meal right there but I figured out it's a thing I do not actually get comfortable doing. I just like taking my meals away, eat and relax in comfort of my home.

2. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I do that too and I usually buy it and go straight home. I ask them to heat the food if it's warm. I actually like to shower first while it cools off so that I won't have that in mind and just sit down on a couch and watch some television while I enjoy my food.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have a hectic schedule today and not really lazy but no more time to cook so it is a choice between dining out or delivery. But the usual winner is the delivery. And when we dine out, we always eat in the restaurant to save on the cleaning of the mess. We only take out the food when we are in a hurry otherwise we take time in eating because we paid for the food including the labor to clean the mess while at home, we have to wash the dishes which is hard work.

4. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I'd imagine that there are a lot of people these days that sometimes simply can't be bothered to cook when they get home after a hard days work, me included. When I go to order food though, it doesn't really bother me if I eat it there in the restaurant or take it home to eat.

I think for a lot of people, while it is obviously more comfortable eating at home, sometimes you actually want to have that change of scenery and especially if you live alone, you can eat out as a form of company and having lived on my own for a long time a few years ago when I was working away from home, I often would eat out in a restaurant simply because I didn't want to eat alone.

5. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Due to the aroma from food sometimes during work on a break I have no option but to dine in. I do this to avoid the office smelling food all over which customers may not be comfortable with. But if after the office hours then it's straight home.

6. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    If I want to experience the food better I dine in. I prefer eating my foods in the restaurant than taking it at home most specially with foods that has breading, fresh, and with vegetables. I dine out if I don't have time left on my watch and eat the food while commuting or in the office. I don't normally take the food at home unless I have to share them to my family.

7. Gallade

GalladeNew Member

Threads:
    Of course dine at home. You can watch a tv show or enjoy clips of music while dining, far more comfortable than eating at the restaurant.

8. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I dine out very rarely. I love homemade foods and I am very passionate about cooking too. I try new recipes every other day from various sources like books and Internet. But sometimes we go to a restaurant just for a change. I have some regular places for this that offers tasty and hygiene food in our area. But when you are out on trip or something like that you are left with no other option but to eat out.

While preparing food at home we can decide what and how to make it. Moreover, we can use organic ingredients which most of these restaurants don’t do. Adding taste enhancers in food is another issue while dining out.

9. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    We don’t usually dine out. It’s only on birthdays or anniversaries that we go out for dinner. Sometimes when I don’t want to do the cooking then we order the food for home delivery. We don’t go out.

10. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    We don't usually dine out. I love to cook at home, so I usually cook. Aside from the act that we save more if I cook at home, my wife love whatever I cook. But if we do dine out, we just eat it there. At least it won't get cold on the way home and we don't have to wash the dishes if we just eat it there.

11. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I hear you on that and especially if there is a lack of money. It's always an event when we actually dine in some fancy restaurant or buffet. If I had the money, I would go out more often but at least there is motivation to save up so that we can enjoy a night out on special days.