Dining Coupons

Discussion in Food & Drink started by kjonesm1 • Mar 31, 2015.

1. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer to cook at home, but when I do go out I love to use dining coupons. Yesterday I befriended the owner of a karaoke bar in the shopping plaza that I work at. She gave me cash coupons that work at her establishment like cash. I was through the rook excited! It's $75 worth of free food and drink. Do you use coupons when dining out?

2. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    We use coupons for dining out whenever we can get our hands on them. They can save you a lot of money when you are eating out with the family. I sometimes get buy one, get one meal free coupons from a Mexican restaurant we frequent. We also g wet some coupons from local fast food chains and use those as well. Nothing like saving some money on something you were going to buy anyway

3. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I use coupons in a sense but it's more like rewards programs per individual places we eat. Recently, I ordered food at a restaurant for delivery & they told me it was free if I wanted. I asked, 'If I wanted? When would you not want that???'

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My girl friend and I go out once a month to lunch or dinner when we find a coupong to a favorite restaurant. We like the buy one get one free or half price. We also try to get free drinks or reduced drinks when we can. We live on fixed incomes as retired woman so we want to save money.

5. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I thrive on dining coupons these days. A lot of people don't like the idea of using them because they think it looks cheap. But the way I see it is, the fact that certain restaurants are giving away such big discounts means they're probably heavily marking it up in the first place. So to me it's about ensuring you don't get ripped off.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We do use some coupons when eating out sometimes Because there are online stores here that sell discount vouchers for both inexpensive and expensive restaurants. The expensive restaurant vouchers are worth it most of the time but sometimes the deals aren't too good especially when they only offer it for certain dishes or specific times.

7. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:

Free... Score!! I love free stuff and have rewards for places like Walgreens and my favorite gas station. Onve in a while I will walk into Walgreens and they ask if I want to use my points. I get so excited every time I walk out not paying a single penny. It's not that I'm cheap, but who doesn't like getting a killer deal?

8. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always look for coupons before going out to eat. Why not? If there are discounts available then I want them! I don't worry about appearing "cheap" at all - they wouldn't offer coupons if they didn't want people to use them. @kjonesm1@kjonesm1 you are spot on, we all love a killer deal!