Dining for free promotions

Discussion in Food & Drink started by TPhoenix • Dec 8, 2014.

1. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Every year, there is this Chinese restaurant buffet where I live called Mandarin and they hold an annual, commemorative, cultural event in the summer where you can line up and visit the restaurant and feast for free. They have some of the best variety of food and quality customer service. It's pretty much my favorite dining place to go to so when they have this event going on, I'm all in. Do you guys know any restaurant near you where they have yearly promotions to eat their food for free?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my town the only time a restaurant would let anyone stuff himself 'free' is when it's being opened. And even then it's not totally free. They give deep discounts so a meal which would have cost you $10 would leave a $4 or so dent in your wallet. Since not too many restaurants are opened here you'd have to wait a really long time for such a deal.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds like an amazing restaurant, how much money would they be giving away on that day? I would imagine that its business would have to really be thriving for it to offer such a promotion. I do not know of any eateries which offer such a deal at all where I live, at most there might be 1-for-1 promotions or heavy discounts, but never completely free meals. Too many freeloaders might become a serious problem in my opinion.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    No, I do not, but I think that is awesome! I'm going to keep my eyes open for that from now on. What we have done is signed up for a promotion where you need to sit through a condominium lecture and then you get a free meal out of it. I have never had a bad experience with that but some people have. I'm not sure if its the way they go into it or if it depends on the person you're dealing with, or both. Some people say, 'I'm just here for the free meal' and I think that puts off the worker. But I think if you respectfully listen to what they have to say (and after all that is what you said you would do) then they let you go easier. Usually, I try to make them see how it could possibly work with our finances and after carefully reviewing it, they realize we couldn't afford it themselves, feel bad, and say, 'Enjoy your meal!'