Dining Out All The Time

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Jason76 • Mar 3, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Some people dine out all the time. One reason is due to loneliness. Another reason might be that they like the waitresses or waiters there. Of course, not everyone is buying food. For instance, some people might go to a diner for coffee and for chatting with friends. Anyhow, is this way of life too expensive? Note, grocery store food is usually cheaper and many restaurants demand tips.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It can be expensive, but many dinning places got specials these days to draw customers. Right now there's the McDonald's 2/$3 choice which is very inexpensive-you can get a meal for $4 plus tax which isn't a bad deal for you don't have to cook it, or clean up saving a bit more money that way too. Buying ground chuck locally is 5.29 a pound, this is where you save money buying a meal deal which cost only $4 from 2/$3 meal deal & drink for just a dollar more too that costs less than the uncooked hamburger already. Depending on your deals dining out can be cheaper at times.

3. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    In a highly urbanized city, dinning out is too expensive especially it is done as often as the person wants to. But in some of the provinces in our country where resto is selling a good, nutritious, affordable foods, employees would prefer to dine out as often as they could for they spend less and less effort to prepare food for them.

Well, as to the issue of dinning out, once in a month or in a special occasion, I bring my whole family eating in our favorite food outlet or eatery. It is not only fund but it binds closely our family and we enjoy our company. Family bonding is strong.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    In past years I used to eat out almost 3 to 4 times a week. It was super costly but back then I wasn't quite in the saving mode.

Now that I am frugal, I would rarely eat out but when I do I eat thouroughly. I always value the quality abd taste of food more than the cost. I rather eat healthy than eat cheap and spend on bigger hospital bills. So it's a saving in a way.

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Dining out all the time is indeed too expensive. Eating in fast food chains every single day will cost you a lot as well, so what about restaurants? Restaurants charge more than fast food chains, especially fine dining restaurants. That's why we choose to shop at the grocery once a week instead of eating out regularly as it will save us a lot if we just cook at home :)

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely dine out by myself and I only do when I am alone at home because it is not practical to cook when you are alone so I go to the drive thru. My wife and I eat out sometimes as a way of bonding or when there is a special in one restaurant. Cooking at home saves a lot considering that we pay not only for the food in the eatery or restaurant but also for the service and the venue. Rentals are expensive. As much as possible, we cook our food so we are also assured of freshness and healthy ingredients.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't think of eating out every night for various reasons but I think it's neither healthy nor good on your pocket so eat out when you must. I used to eat almost 10-15 nights out but that was my professional compulsion besides my company paid for that. However, the home food has always given me extra taste and satisfaction.

8. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    The main reason for me not to eat out pretty often is the health factor.
    And, I'm a bit cynical on the cleanliness of most of the food joints as well. Same plates, same spoons and forks, same glasses and there're thousands of customers. This simply drifts me away.
    However, on some special occasions we do eat out to celebrate the moment.

9. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Dining out is great and it's very tempting to know that the food will arrive ready to you but... This is certainly not a very cheap option (even if you look for places with cheaper values).

I love dining out, but this happens moderately. I love spending money on food (it's one of the best ways to spend money), but even that pleasure has to be ruled so I can have it whenever I want.

10. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I would think the reason why people choose to dine out is because they aren't able to cook at home which maybe due to no time to cook or laziness. Sometimes it's okay to eat out especially when you are tight up with other work especially office jobs. If it becomes a habit to continually eat out that may not be wise enough for economic reasons except if you are that very buoyant.

11. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I only go out to eat on special occasions. Dishing out around 50 dollars for a family in one night doesn't work with minimum wage anywhere. You need to be at least earning 150 dollars a day to do that. If you go alone, though, that might work but still, that's around 500 dollars a month just on one meal which still doesn't work for minimum wage unless you find a cheap buffet that costs 8 dollars and don't purchase the beverage.

12. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a neighbor who can't cook as she has MS and her hands are not steady enough to cook, so she does eat out when she can as it's easier. I've been helping her recently, and she does have frozen tv dinners that she can microwave, but even then it can be hard transferring the items to a microwavable plate.

For her, eating out is cheaper because food often gets wasted otherwise, and as she lives alone she doesn't save by buying in bulk. In her case it's more of a convenience than a treat, but sometimes we go out for coffee and a pub meal and she enjoys it as a change to her frozen meals.

13. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Like the waiters and waitresses !!?? Ha ha.. I don't know but normally I do go out for dinner one or two time in a month. I used to go out with my partner so that we can have nice change. I like food outside food for sure so like this way I can full fill my liking too. Lol.. In other few special occasions too like birthdays and anniversary we used to go out. So its like we just need excuse. Ha ha.

14. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    It can be expensive but it depends on the situation of the people. In my place, most bachelors' dine out daily in restaurants that they can afford. I usually dine out with my family only on special occasions. :)

15. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    In terms of the things that can be avoided easily this one has to rank up there towards the top. It is so much cheaper to eat at home, and when you start to get a little good at it it is much easier too, at least in my opinion.

16. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I reduce the rate of my eating out not just for economic reasons only but also do like to understand exactly the constituents of the food I am eating. This I wouldn't know completely if eat out. Few times I eat out my meal is always mainly of chicken this way I can be sure it's chicken right there. Sadly I read in news recently that human DNA was seen in burger don't to what degree this is true.

17. komaeda

komaedaNew Member

Threads:
    Typically dining out often does result in spending a lot more than when cooking yourself, but the quality of the food will most likely be better than what you can cook if you aren't experienced in it.
    This doesn't really apply to fast food restaurants though, since they tend to make their food inexpensive which also means the quality is probably not as fantastic as it could be ex. McDonald's. I never eat there because I hate the taste of their food, but everyone has different opinions.

18. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Note, many guys don't like to cook much, but it's definitely a needed survival skill. Note, there could always be situations where you could not get to a restaurant due to problems with the weather etc. Also, of course, grocery store food is often much cheaper and often you can surprise yourself with the fact - you might be able to cook better than a restaurant. ;)

#18Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  19. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Dining out often is one sure way to waste your money on overpriced food. Buying cooked food from small stores in your area is cheaper. Especially in the US where you are required to tip, it just gets all the more expensive, so why not just cook your own food, right?

20. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Ha ha.. True. These days it is getting more and more expensive. So going out often is surely not good choice. Though here we used to go out once in month (sometimes two in a month) for a change and I guess that's okay. Though I love the outside food but yes we have to think about them in different ways.

#20Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2017