Direct TV or Dish?

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by Francy • May 21, 2014.

1. Francy

FrancyMember

Threads:
    Anyone have any luck or satisfied with either of these? We live in the country and have to have satellite. We had Dish right now but I'm wondering if Direct TV is cheaper or better?

2. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Check them both out. We also have to have a dish out here. We have Direct and no way would we go to dish. We totally disliked the pkgs and the prices. We also didn't like the idea of that hopper thing telling us what we could and could not record. For what we would pay with them, we could see we would loose a lot. Once a relative had dish and we went over and were amazed at what he didn't have on there, same 'kind' of pkg. And that's another thing. We liked the Direct TV's groupings MUCH better than dish's which seemed to leave out a lot. Also our quality of picture was better. He now has Grande, and still we can see Direct is better. Direct is very dependable, also in weather, etc. Again, check em both out for yourself. Only you can decide. This is one of those questions that people sit on either end of the fence and not in the middle, lol.

3. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    My stepfather had a rather greyhat method to get the best deal on satellite. He lived in an area where both DirecTV and Dish were offered, and he'd sign up for the introductory offer on one. Eventually, he'd start getting promos from the other provider offering a better deal, and even offering to pay his termination fees. So then he'd sign up for the second one. Then, once he signed up for the second company, the first one would start sending him "come back!" offers in the mail. So he'd go back to the first one. Rinse and repeat. I can't remember if he tired of it or if they caught on, but he stopped doing it after a while. If it wasn't for the hassle of constantly having your dish switched out and an ever-rotating channel lineup, I'd say you could try that to see how they compare.

4. Ruffled

RuffledNew Member

Threads:
    That grey hat method sounds like it worked, but it also sounds like a hassle. I'm the type of person where if something works for me in a price range that's affordable, I stick with it.

5. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Direct TV all the way. My parents have been customers with DirectTV for over 10 years and they've had almost 0 issues with them. And when I moved out to go to school, my house had Dis which ended up being a major hassle. Channels were blacked out all the time and we had to pay more to get equal channels to a DirecTV package. Plus, we felt the bonus incentives for signing up with DirectTV were a lot better than what Dish provided.

More channels, better customer service, and better rewards. It's a pretty easy call to get Direct TV

6. SavvyGirl2014

SavvyGirl2014Member

Threads:
    They both cost an arm and leg, so it would depend on the deal you get and the package available at the moment. Just be careful because they have a lot of hidden and extra costs that may not realize until they give you the final price breakdown. Also, Dish is a bit odd to me the way they do business. I actually tried calling Dish last week to see about getting service and I kept getting a busy signal. Then when I finally got through, an automated message said their call volume was too high, to call back later, and then hung up on me. After that, I just decided to steer clear and went with another provider.

7. Aprax

ApraxMember

Threads:
    Perhaps try Netflix if you're willing? It'll be cheaper and you'll still have a large access to TV/movies.. just perhaps not live stuff. D:

8. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Your better bet I think would be to try Direct TV. My sister had the dish and the picture constantly would go out especially when it rained. I tried to get a dish maybe about 10 years ago and the guy that came out was so rude we decided not to get it and just stuck with Comcast.