Directv or Dish Network?

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by brittanytruskosky • May 25, 2012.

1. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    Hello all! I'm wondering what people prefer? I have Directv right now and I have never had Dish. Does anyone have experience with both? I was thinking about switching because Dish is supposed to be cheaper.

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    There is a reason as to why it's cheaper. It has less channels overall and less in HD. Before you make the jump, look at the plan that you want as far as price goes and make sure that they have every channel that you want and how you want it. If you want HD, double check. Also, look at how much their receivers are versus what you are paying now. If you have a DVR through DirecTV, check that also.

Also, if you have someone in your home that is a NFL fan, remember that the NFL package is only on DirecTV.

Do not return that DirecTV dish until you are absolutely sure that you can settle for Dish.

3. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    Dish is a network that I have had so many friends on Facebook complaining about I kind of lost count. So I would have to say if you got DirecTV already I would stay with them. I have heard to many complaints in my area alone about Dish and the cable network to change ever again.

4. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly, there isn't much difference between the two. You already have Direct TV, you should stick with it. Personally, I'd say drop all the cables and satellites and opt for internet tv.

5. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    I'm currently using Dish Network and trust me, it sucks. :p

I used to have Direct TV but I switched over to Dish because it was cheaper. Yes it was cheaper in prices and quality. Now I'm thinking about switching back to Dish Network.

6. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with the others on this thread. I have Directv and even though Dish Network is cheaper I would never switch because Dish Network really only has a few channels. They do not even have deals with a lot of networks, that's why it's so cheap. You miss a lot of shows and networks that most people watch.

7. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    That is embarrassing and almost hard to believe that you have a satellite dish sitting on your roof or balcony and still can see a bunch of channels. That was the whole point and the dish was almost synonymous with being able to watch every channel in the world. That was the trade off. I'll just assume that the average Dish owner just doesn't watch that much TV or is waiting out a contract.

8. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I think Direct TV has more to offer than the Dish. The dish just seemed to complicated to pick channels blah blah blah. I just want a package of channels I like that I can understand. TV has become so complicated. Remember when you bought a tv, plugged in, and just watched it, for free? What happened to those days?

9. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    What happened is that they moved a lot of the good shows to a basic cable package and all of the movies to a premium package and people followed. Then, the networks decided they'd go for quantity over quality on the shows that they produced and the rest of the people followed the first exodus and got cable.

10. Cheseloo

CheselooMember

Threads:
    Also make sure that you have lived up the to agreement that you signed with Direct TV or else you will be penalized. Most agreements are for 2 years and if you end your service agreement any sooner you will be responsible for the remaining contract.

11. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I have done both. Currently I am using dish network. I was using At+t but was tired of issues with their signal. I haven't had the dish network long enough to form an opinion yet. I do know we lost signal during a heavy rain the other day.

12. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Neither. Both have flaws. DISH is hemmoraging stations like nobodies business. And Direct TV has lost a lot of its luster since it first came on the scene. Not to mention when it comes to satellite, you're one bad storm away from losing all reception for like a week.

13. Roe

RoeNew Member

Threads:
    Currently we are using Direct TV, But I never use it much. I do remember though awhile back they had some problems with Viacom. We lost a few channels for a week or two. It apparently was a huge deal as I saw complaints about it all over the web, but other than that I've had no serious problems with Direct TV.