Disappointed In Comcast Cable - Weather Channel Is Gone

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Natasha0717 • Nov 5, 2017.

1. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    We've had problems (off and on) with Comcast for years, but we've always kept it as our provider anyway. Our connection isn't that great, sometimes we will lose cable, internet, and phone lines and then we need to "reset" the cable wire for 15 seconds, unplug everything, and then hope that we get everything back. I understand that we live out on the lake and sometimes our connection could be better anyway <in general>... so I've never been one to complain. But THIS is what finally got me. Channel 101, The Weather Channel - LIVE...I could always rely on it for going 24/7 and showing our local weather, no commercials, just constant radar/satellite reports. You know that channel that has the constant Weather Channel music playing and all it shows is the weather and NOTHING ELSE? Well, after at least 10 straight years, that channel is now gone. :mad: It was that one channel you'd always put on with nothing else was good on TV, just to hear the weather and know what was happening the next day, track snowstorms, etc. But now Channel 101 just has a print-out that says to tune in to your "regular Weather Channel station" ....and we all know that the other channel is filled with commercials, and always has some other weird show going like "Scary Weather Stories", the "10 Worst Storms", and just other shows that I'm really not in the mood for when all I want to see is my local and future weather reports. And if I'm lucky, they'll show a little of our forecast at the bottom of the screen, and they still have "Local on the 8's"... but last night they had some show going and instead of pausing it to show the Local on the 8's like usual, they only put it on the bottom of the screen, and it wasn't very detailed. SO unfair. How can they just take such a good channel away that everyone loved and relied on so much? It's gone for all Comcast users, not just us. They said to go to the app instead, and all that shows is what's happening outside at the very moment, not even what happens in the next 12 hours. Very upsetting. Do you have Comcast? Do you miss your ongoing Weather Channel that has recently been snatched away from us??? :confused::(

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We also had Comcast for quite a few years; but we no longer have it, and are not apt to go back again, unless it would be just for the internet part. It seemed like they were always changing the price for the package we had (which was the smallest package available) and it finally got so high we just cancelled it and switched to DirecTV. The satellite actually goes out even more than the cable did, and anytime that we have a thunderstorm come through, we lost our signal, and that is when we were most concerned about watching the weather channel.
    We ended up getting a smal antenna from Amazon and my husband put that up on the roof, and whenever the weather gets bad, we can watch the reports from the local stations by switching over to the antenna television.
    Once our contract with DirecTV is up next spring, we are going to cancel that and just use the antenna. It will save the payment each month, plus we know we can see the weather information when storms come through.

3. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Comcast has been voted the worst telecommunication company several times as far as i'm aware and i believe they will never improve.

4. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    I think you're right about that.
    Right now, I'm on my computer (obviously) and the cable TV is boxing up and the screen/picture is looking all jumbled. I mean come on, the TV and Internet cable are BOTH Comcast, so why are they having such a hard time working together? Am I just drawing too much energy from the TV and computer at the same time? Shouldn't we be allowed to multi-task by having the TV on in the background while still typing on the computer? :rolleyes:o_O That's how Comcast has been for us over the last 5-6 years.
    But still so mad about losing The Weather Channel, so now I feel free to rant. :D Ugggghh :mad:

5. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Well you seem to be having a lot of issues using their service, have you considered switching to a new provider? or just contact them.

6. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    Yep, I contacted them about the Weather Channel missing, and they said they took it off the air for everyone, not just us, and to check out the stupid "app" instead....which just looks like a computer printout of the local weather and that's it. I could get the EXACT same thing online. As for switching services, my Dad's in charge of all that. So I guess I shouldn't really be complaining about it since I don't have to pay the cable bill. But STILL, my Weather Channel is gone.... :(

7. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I never used Comcast before but my friend does. She said that comcast has horrible service and unexplainable price because they keep adding extra charges just for minor issue. She just had comcast for a month and after that she changed telecommunication company. I also heard a lot of bad reviews about this one.