Discount Books: Goodwill Books ONLY store_Half Priced Books

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by SophiaLazar • Oct 24, 2013.

1. SophiaLazar

SophiaLazarMember

Threads:
    I know most of you must be familiar with your local goodwill store? Well I just moved to a new area in Texas, from ou of state, and I noticed that in the upper-income areas the Goodwill's are books only, plus magazines. This way I can buy magazines from only a weekend ago, for 25 cents. The book selection is actually pretty good, I found a whole complete collection of the Dragonlance Chronicles, which I think it is out of print, so there were also other copies in trade paper back, you know those big sized paperback that look nice on the shelf, those are not only hard to find but usually a bit expensive.

The other source I like here for books, that I did not have in my other town, is half priced books, the selection is quite good, and they also have older magazines for less. I also found that the blank notebook/journal section was very unique, and varied in selection, something I really miss from Borders being gone.

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    NICE! That sounds awesome.

We have one huge Goodwill in a neighborhood right near a big university in town, and it has an entire (separate) section of the store for books, all priced at $1, $0.50, or $0.25. I love it, but it is really disorganized. Don't get me wrong. It is neat and tidy, but no method to the madness for finding titles, you know? They also have couches and a coffee bar in there.

I've considered volunteering to come in and alphabetize the titles, but I'm sure no one would keep up with it.