Discount Easter candy at Walgreens

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by kinser • Apr 19, 2012.

1. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I just bought a bunch of Russell Stover chocolate covered coconut cream eggs for 12 cents a piece. I just had to share this deal - I've got an insatiable sweet-tooth and love when stores over-purchase holiday candy and run clearance sales afterward. Does anyone else just love to shop for merchandise or food after the holiday had passed? You can pick up some great deals. One year I bought all new Christmas lights for the following year for 75% off. I was happy when I got the sale, and I was happy the next year when I went to decorate.

2. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    You should post this under "hot deals" ! I bought some deeply discounted easter stuff at Target, I think 2 days after easter. No more candy, but got egg coloring kits very, very cheap (although they are cheap to begin with), gel window clings, and some other random things for next year.

3. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    If you can get your hands on some Cadbury eggs, you can freeze them and they'll be good for a long time. That's one thing to think about doing with candy you really like that only comes out at certain times of year (like Easter.)

4. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:
    We had my stepkids the weekend after easter, so we bought everything the week after the holiday. It was great! Everything was at least half off and the kids had such a great easter. We did the same thing for valentine's day, so I'm hoping all the holidays fall on a day that we don't have all the kids! Its not like we don't celebrate...we just celebrate a little later.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I love buying up stuff right after a holiday. With candy, it would need to be used up this year, but we buy up Easter coloring, eggs, decorations, baskets, basket fillers, etc for the next year and hold onto them in a holiday tub for later years' use.

6. Stephanie

StephanieMember

Threads:
    We frequently head to Walgreens or Rite Aid the day after Easter & Valentine's Day for candy or holiday toys. I don't think the stores stock up the way they use to, so it pays to get there at least by the 2nd day after the holiday.

7. prescott911

prescott911New Member

Threads:
    I think Easter candy is pretty gross, it is gratuitously sugary with no flavor. The only benefit is milk-chocolate candy products, but when it comes to chocolate Godiva's vanilla bean chocolate bars, they're to die for! I tend to stick with Jolly Ranchers, Sour Skittles, Werthers Originals, Nerds, Crybabies, Cinnamon fireballs etc...

8. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    If you live in an area that has Publix, they've still got lots of Easter Candy on sale for pretty cheap. I'm on a diet, so I didn't get any, but those little Reese's eggs were so calling my name!

9. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that a lot of cheap specialty holdiday candy is just colored sugar, and isn't worth even paying discounted prices for! It's gotten better over the years, though. I remember as kid only being able to get this kind of candy (the Easter bunny only left "real" candy in my cousin's Easter basket, stuff that wasn't marketed for the holiday). Russell Stover is pretty good quality chocolate, so I'll always go for that at a discount. I love Sweet Tarts and Nerds, too - I don't care if they're in the shapes of chicks and bunnies or not, LOL.

10. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Thinks for the info!!! I love candy, but unfortunately I won't be able to partake in this sale, b/c I have a little bit of a cavity in the back that greatly bothers me. I always have a sugar craving every once in a while, but the pain that I experience the last time keeps me from buying anymore candy period.