Discount Grocery Stores Vs Savings Clubs

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Jason76 • Dec 14, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Many claim it's a discount, but is it better than from a traditional grocery store? Also, some are cynical about the meat from such stores - but if it was really bad - then, wouldn't they be thrown out of business? Anyway, where I live in the US, they have the type like Aldi - where the store attempts to save by using less staff, and the type that just has low prices

2. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    Food from Adli may be off-brand but its every bit as good as Meijer or Walmart off brand. And Aldi will save you at least $10~$30 vs going to Meijer or Walmart depending on what you buy. My wife and I live on a fixed income and we learned to be smart shoppers or starve. And my wife does a great job at keeping us fed with how little our food budget is.

3. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I think I would simply go with discount grocery stores. I feel as though with them you know what you are getting and it is at a much cheaper price. With savings clubs, I don't know much about but feel as though there is some sort of hidden fee involved or some sort of extra catch. I would settle with Discount grocery stores in this case.

4. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think both of them can be good. But the thing is that you need to have either of them closer. I have found out that the savings clubs around can be expensive. As they tend to push some specific product. And it can be really hard to get those products closer. I think instead the discount stores are much better if you have them around. I am sure you can find much better of those business nearby.