Discounted Or Free Software For Students And Academics

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by jayres • May 12, 2015.

1. jayres

jayresNew Member

Threads:
    OnTheHub is a brilliant resource for checking whether or not your are entitled to a discount or free access to software by being a part of an academic institution. Simply look up your institution and you can see what software you are eligable for. This website works globally.

Please Log In to view this link!

As an example, I have free access to Windows 8.1 and can purchase Microsoft Office 2013 for £12.50 (~$17.50). The offers are institution-specific, but most offer Microsoft products at a heavily discounted price.

If you are a student or academic it is well worth having a look before purchasing any software elsewhere. You many be able to get a copy for much less that the retail price.

2. RapidRaven

RapidRavenMember

Threads:
    Wow, that's an incredible resource. Thanks for sharing this jayres. Many people have trouble paying for these expensive pieces of software, even I did in the past. But, a significant chunk qualify for these discounts thanks to the school they are in enrolled in, or their workplace. I took advantage of these discounts at least twice in the past. Even better is that it's not limited to a specific country. I'll refer my friends to this site for sure.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The actual Microsoft Store offers a 10% discount to students for many computers, tablets, and software. Even most campus bookstores can get students discounts on technology or other purchases. All a student has to do is ask, and programs for student discounts are widely available through most large companies, which is always nice.

4. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    Education has been a very big burden on young shoulders. They can neither work full time nor pay their fees with measly part-time jobs. It would be helpful if students may get discounted software and if corporates can actually extend free editions to college libraries.