Discovery Dollar Life Plan

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by tasha • May 5, 2016.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    has anyone heard of this plan? it is with discovery and it pays out in dollars but not sure how this works and it would be great to have something set aside for the future. what kind of plan are you on and do you have a backup for the future?

2. judyd1

judyd1New Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of that plan--but have you heard of the app called "Acorns"? My son just installed it on his phone. It could be an investment app, but it was designed primarily to help you save money by linking to your checking account and "rounding up" your purchases to the next dollar, it adds it to your savings portfolio and invests it when you have $5 accumulated.

You can choose conservative investments, or take the roller coaster ride with riskier more volatile investing. It's actually quite fun and informative. I don't think I've ever seen my son so excited about checking his balance a couple of times a day--or more!

He's naturally a saver anyway, so this is just up his alley. Saving is so easy when it's just a little at a time-- so you never miss it.

3. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    Have not heard of it but it sounds good, anything that allows you to save up is a good thing!