Disney: Star Wars

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Gelsemium • Feb 25, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's said that Star Wars episode VII will come out this year. I've seen all Star Wars movies, but I am wondering if they will be following the same line now that Disney bought them. What do you think?

2. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think it's going to release this year since they are just in pre-production the last time I saw it. So far not much info has been revealed about the story yet so I can only assume that it's going to continue years after what happened in Return of The Jedi. Also, after the prequels, i don't know what to think with Episode VII.

3. Gelsemium

Threads:
    OK, just googled and you are right, it's coming out in 2015 only, sorry for my mistake. I do hope they manage to make a good movie that can captivate the legion of fans they had, if they make a bad VII episode they can forget all the fans they have, they will ruin the Star Wars concept.

4. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    Well I think Disney can only do good things with it. I'm a huge fan of J.J.Abrams who is at the helm, so I'm thinking that perhaps there may be a Star Trek vibe to it, which is okay, since I loved those movies. They also have many of the producers etc who worked on the original movies at hand to provide assistance. Besides, look what happened to Marvel when Disney took over- we got The Avengers, followed by all these other amazing movies. I'm not worried at all.

5. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Well, I didn't know Marvel movies were from Disney, now you left a good feeling inside of me because I know something good is coming, Marvel movies are one of my favorites!

6. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Disney bought over Marvel a couple of years ago. Marvel fans were concerned that DIsney would ruin Marvel's movies. Great thing they don't really mettle in Marvel's affairs when it comes to making movies. I hope that Disney won't influence the production of Star Wars too much too.

7. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I am hopeful that it will turn out alright now, they already have a great precedent as Marvel movies are better than ever! It will be a hard time making an episode VII though, what will they come up with after decades of episode VI? I still wonder why they aired 4, 5 and 6 first than 1, 2 and 3... LOL!

8. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, I disagree. The Marvel films seemed forced in a way that spent most of the creative time trying to continue to beat DC in the movie arms race. Which I am pretty unhappy about. For both parties. I do not want a forced Justice League and I surely did not care for a forced Avengers. Perfect example? Wolverine.
    If one has ever read the Wolverine comics it's easy to see the lack of important story development and emotion in lieu of action in the film adaptations.

9. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Well, but that is another discussion Joan. I never read marvel comic books or for the same case harry potter's books, but I love the movies, I think many do the same, they don't read the books, but love the movies. You read many of those books I suppose?