Disposable toilet seat covers

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Gelsemium • Oct 21, 2014.

1. steven

stevenNew Member

Threads:
    In fact, this is one good thing that is found in Sri Lanka, place where lot of travelers now go. I find one post on this. Yet in most Asian countries, I could not find this freely available other than in Sri Lanka.

Are you talking about Australia?

This is something that you use once and then flush down the toilet. Its made of tissue paper and bio-degradable. So no harm. However much we dislike to go to public toilets, sometimes the urge compels. Best thing is to keep one or two in your wallet or pocket!

#41Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
  2. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    If its mandatory or not, it's good business. I make my own out of toilet paper. I don't know who we has sat there with their bare butt. I even make my own whenever I go to someone's house that isn't particularly clean.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I try not to use public bathrooms. If I must I squat, I do not care if the covers are there or not I will not sit on the seat. I only sit on my seat at home. If I am in someone else's house I don't care how well I know them I do not sit down on their toilet seat.

4. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Every time I do shopping in the Malls I always assume that toilets are clean and ready to use for calling of nature. If Disposable toilet seat covers will exist that would be really great for safety and hygiene purposes. It can be a good invention for us who always take care of our health. Viruses, bacteria, and germs can be possibly in the toilet .

5. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From that perspective it might be good business because people spend a lot of toilet paper to make it hygienic, but at the same time I feel that it's more expensive to have them than to spend more toilet paper.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say, i'm with you there ExpertAdvice; I've never heard of these before, let alone seen them! Growing up, the regular ones were common; but I don't see them anywhere anymore. When I'm out and about and need to use the loo, I NEVER sit flush on it. I just don't trust public loos at all, and if I can hold out, I'll wait till I'm home. If I have to, I hover over the bowl LOL

7. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't sit too because I feel it's highly unhygienic, that is why these disposable seats could be so useful and improve our life quality so to speak lol, but it's also a big investment for the people owning restaurants and such.

8. Chavy

ChavyNew Member

Threads:
    Why bother? Always carry your own stuff. These covers can be easily tucked in your wallet or purse. Full Travel Pack is small enough to fit even a pocket.

9. Chavy

ChavyNew Member

Threads:
    I live in Sri Lanka. Sadly, public places do not have Toilet Seat Covers but luckily, you can buy these in small travel packs from shopping malls and some pharmacies. The best thing is Water-Proof type which you don't find in other countries and pretty cheap also. I advise whoever visits Sri Lanka to first buy these before travelling to other parts of this beautiful country.

10. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    You know what else these toilet seat covers are good for? Face-blotting. In fact, I feel like they’re actually better for that than their intended purpose. So I’m always grabbing one for the seat and one for the face :p Not as convenient as buying a pack of face-blotting papers and carrying it around, but definitely cheaper.

11. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Well here's the thing - although its true that public restrooms do harbor high levels of bacteria - as there is substantial scientific evidence to support the fact - that toilet seats are not a vehicle for the transmission of any infectious agents and are in fact - often the least germy of surfaces in public restrooms - and therefore - disposable toilet seat covers are not a preventative measure against bacteria - making them mandatory would realistically speaking be a total waste of money.

However - as the most likely way of picking up germs is via our hands rather than our butts - having alcohol-based disposable hand wipes or gel sanitizers as mandatory would be a way better alternative for avoiding contamination - as would hooks to hang your bag on - especially as the floor of public restrooms is generally one of the worst areas for germs.

In fact just to put it into context - you are more likely to pick up germs from ATM keypads, handling money, grocery shopping carts or even your own phone - than you are from a toilet seat in a public restroom.

12. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think as long as you wash your hands thoroughly when leaving the restoom is the most important thing to do. I go along with the hand sanitizer and hooks though. I don't really like putting my purse on the restroom floor. I don't think it is the best thing. However, in most cases, this is unavoidable. So, getting more amenities in public restrooms would be nice.

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most public toilets I've been to usually have a little hook on the back of the door, so that's where my bag goes. I also make sure I have anti-bac wet wipes or hand sanitiser, which I use even after washing my hands. I get really paranoid using public toilets as I believe they're crawling with germs. ....and I'm not even a germaphobe LOL

14. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Waterproof toilet seat covers. Now that's an idea. Sometimes the covers stick to my body because I am sweaty from the heat. It's been a really hot summer here. It's still hot! It makes it using the public restroom interesting. I have never seen waterproof ones, but I will search online.

I read somewhere that the bottom of women's handbags have more bacteria and fecal matter than an actual toilet seat. Yuck. I wipe down my purse every night with disinfecting wipes.

This is true, but I can't bring myself to sit on naked toilet. It's not gonna happen.

15. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    I try to avoid public restrooms as much as I can. I think that disposable toilet seat covers are very handy especially if you have children because when kids have to go to the bathroom they have to go. Every public bathroom does not carry toilet seat covers so it is good to have your own.

16. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like using public restrooms, but when I do go, I don't use toilet seat covers. I squat over the toilet. I have seen them a lot when I go to the mall. I need to start using them because they are a great way to avoid touching the toilet seats. A lot of people don't know how to clean up after themselves when they go to the bathroom so toilet seat covers are a great idea.

17. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Woah, what disposable seat covers? I haven't seen them around our place. Lol. Similar to other posters, if I must pee, I squat. I also don't touch the flush with my bare hands. I use a tissue to cover my hand to flush the toilet. But these disposable seat covers are a great idea. Where do you even find these? Also, are they biodegradable or eco-friendly? I would hate to add more trash in the world.

18. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    The majority of places I go to don't have toilet seat covers. I remember As a child in elementary school that for some reason I didn't want to sit on the toilet. I didn't know what a toilet seat cover was then so I got the idea to just take regular paper and rip it. I hate having to squat. I was told squatting is bad because your not emptying the bowels completely then you end up with UTI's.

19. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I like portable seat covers too wherever I go. I went to the University of Hawaii one summer to use their computers and found they had no seat covers. Luckily there are other ways to use the restroom without sitting to do your business. You just have to improvise when there are no seat covers. Luckily though at the University they had hanging posts on the door so it was easier to use the restrooms. I felt sorry for the people going to the University. I don't think they'll ever make it a mandatory though it's more sanitary for public restrooms to have seat covers. :rolleyes: