Diy Carpet Cleaner Solution

Discussion in Home & Garden started by prose • Apr 5, 2016.

1. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I recently purchased a carpet cleaner to clean the carpets of my home by myself. When looking at the carpet cleaning solutions available for sale at the store, I was disappointed to see that one, the cost of carpet cleaning solutions is pretty expensive, and two, the carpet cleaners available for sale in my area are full of chemicals, there were not any natural carpet cleaning products available in my area. After doing some research online, I concocted my own natural carpet cleaning solution, perfect for getting rid of the dirt but still safe for little ones crawling around on the floor!

Here is the recipe for my homemade, natural carpet cleaning solution:
    • 1/4 cup of vinegar
    • 1 tablespoon of Dawn dish soap
    • Hot water to fill the solution tank (until you reach the 'full' mark, if it applies to your carpet cleaner)
    The vinegar is a natural deodorizer, and the small amount of dawn dish soap mixed with hot water was just enough to lift the dirt out of the carpets without leaving a soapy residue behind.

I will definitely be using this same natural, safe carpet cleaner solution again next time it's time to clean the carpets!

How often do you clean the carpet in your home? Do you do it yourself, or hire someone else to do it? What kind of cleaning solution do you use?